Read the post below, and vote!

Riven 3 15.79%
Rengar 4 21.05%
Kha'Zix 9 47.37%
Fizz 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

What champion might be good for me? (Specifics included)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethernia

12-11-2012

I know you said you dont like mana champs.. but..

Try out Fiora, can put out extreme damage, especially single target, grab the new and improved tiamat and it turns it into aoe.

Don't really have to worry about mana useage, few levels in and you can spam burst of speed to clear waves.

Don't like buying health pots? Everytime you hit something you get a heal over 6 seconds.

With lunge you can stay on a champ with nearly no issue, riposte used as you engage is fantastic to put even more dmg on them if they choose to attack you.

Jalmz

12-11-2012

I think lee sin might fit but he needs some tankiness. Any melee bruiser u get will have to have some resists to stay in fight glass cannon very risky as someone else said.

Ronyk

12-11-2012

All of the champions you've considered buying seem to fit your playstyle, and you have a basic understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.

I voted Fizz. He's incredible. I'm not too great at him, but my roommate (who is my duo partner) mains him. He's been playing the champion since his release, and it's the only champion I'm scared of facing in the mid. (I main as Xerath. Natural counterpick is Fizz). His ultimate is a good burst, but even better of a deterant. Controling where people want to go. It's an obvious zilean bomb with a slow, and it's partically a pillar of filfth that moves with whoever it hits. A real teamfight changer.

However, Fizz can't win without his team. A good fizz against a decent team of 5 might be able to kill 2, send a third packing, then die.

Many of the champions you've listed that you have (Darius, Diana, Xin), can do well (and more importantly, take towers), even if their team is... let's say "under par".

You were right, however. HE IS DIFFICULT TO LEARN. This isn't Morgana, this isn't Xerath. Fizz has a high skill floor and a very high skill ceiling.

Let us know what you end up choosing.

ultimatetinkle

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronyk View Post
All of the champions you've considered buying seem to fit your playstyle, and you have a basic understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.

I voted Fizz. He's incredible. I'm not too great at him, but my roommate (who is my duo partner) mains him. He's been playing the champion since his release, and it's the only champion I'm scared of facing in the mid. (I main as Xerath. Natural counterpick is Fizz). His ultimate is a good burst, but even better of a deterant. Controling where people want to go. It's an obvious zilean bomb with a slow, and it's partically a pillar of filfth that moves with whoever it hits. A real teamfight changer.

However, Fizz can't win without his team. A good fizz against a decent team of 5 might be able to kill 2, send a third packing, then die.

Many of the champions you've listed that you have (Darius, Diana, Xin), can do well (and more importantly, take towers), even if their team is... let's say "under par".

You were right, however. HE IS DIFFICULT TO LEARN. This isn't Morgana, this isn't Xerath. Fizz has a high skill floor and a very high skill ceiling.

Let us know what you end up choosing.
I narrowed down my choices after my friend let me play as his riven. It was good, but just didn't feel right. I looked up some videos and found out that rengar can build tanky and is still good at assassinatin, although it won't work as well. I'm probably going to get kha zix or fizz, as I like mid laning and they seem to be able to escape ganks really well.

Fifth Scheme

12-11-2012

Just so you know, Fizz cannot carry a team. Yeah he can snowball, crush his lane and force a surrender at 20. But if you snowball, crush your lane, and all your lanes are failing, you cannot win the game. Come late game, their team will crush you, especially if you don't like building tanky. Katarina can win a game if all lanes are failing. I've done it. Katarina is overpowered in solo queue.

It sounds like you don't really play like an assassin even if you say you like them. My vote is on Kha'Zix. Don't spam abilities. Buy a mana crystal early. In general though, spamming not a good idea. Even on a manaless champ you'll blow cooldowns you'll need when someone comes to gank you. Depending on your lane, you don't always want to play aggressively. Kha'Zix is a good kill lane though. You should be able to get kills early. Same with Fizz. Both don't have built-in sustain so you have to make a choice. You either buy pots early and play the game the way it's meant to be played, or keep playing champs that have sustain but don't assassinate. There's a reason the game is designed that way - except for release Xin (bleh).

ultimatetinkle

12-11-2012

I think I'll go with kha'zix then, because I often play with teams that have 1 or 2 d/cs. I do know that kha'zix has a lane sustain, however. I'm just not sure how reliable it is.

Fifth Scheme

12-11-2012

Kha'Zix has a decent sustain if you level it up and evolve it first. It's also fairly mana intensive so you'll want mana pots or blue. Kha'Zix is guaranteed a kill if your jungler gives you blue so ask for it. I recommend leveling his sustain if you are having a difficult lane. Otherwise evolve your claws or jump first for maximum ownage. Evolve his R last, the three-time cloak really helps with gap closing and minimizing focus fire.

A fun thing to do in lane when your opponent is farming creeps is just before you are in range of your evolved E, use your R's incredible movement speed to enter enemy vision without them seeing you, then leap onto their face and burst them down. I've gotten many kills this way. Then push lane and help your other lanes. Your evolved E has such a high range, no one can really get away.

ultimatetinkle

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfvxfve View Post
Kha'Zix has a decent sustain if you level it up and evolve it first. It's also fairly mana intensive so you'll want mana pots or blue. Kha'Zix is guaranteed a kill if your jungler gives you blue so ask for it. I recommend leveling his sustain if you are having a difficult lane. Otherwise evolve your claws or jump first for maximum ownage. Evolve his R last, the three-time cloak really helps with gap closing and minimizing focus fire.

A fun thing to do in lane when your opponent is farming creeps is just before you are in range of your evolved E, use your R's incredible movement speed to enter enemy vision without them seeing you, then leap onto their face and burst them down. I've gotten many kills this way. Then push lane and help your other lanes. Your evolved E has such a high range, no one can really get away.
Actually, I was thinking of evolving everything BUT his ult, since the cloaking of his ult is only 1 second anyway.