Let's Talk About Vi!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subalternate01

12-10-2012

I take the approach that Cait is Sherlock and Vi is Watson. Both kick ass as individuals but together they beat kids like Moriarty. While Sherlock gets the credit for it, he could have never done it without the help of Watson.

My question is who is the said bad guys they chase around? How does Vi feel about Jayce?

I think the most important thing to think about here is that lore is like WWE wrestling a set of cheesey plot lines and new personalities to create compelling entertainment week after week showcasing who is the best of the best at pay-per-veiw events.

HerbaNoctis

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I wonder how her and Draven would get along. They are both really showy and bold, except Vi is a bit more rude than him. Honestly, I could see Vi working for him over Caitlyn.
Draven's rude. He's just more refined in his rudeness.

Xulsigae

12-11-2012

Ultimately Vi seems to be a far more reckless and shallow Robin, and her connection with Caitlyn a subpar parody of buddy cop movies. She punches things- a one trick pony. If she was so good at stealing from other criminals, I'd think she'd be more subtle. How else could she survive that long? Brute force usually doesn't allow someone to live any significant time, unless you're Mundo.

Kyrrion

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
But Caitlyn is the police chief, isn't she?
"... I rely on my wits and my tools to get the job done. That said, if you’ve got information on 'C', feel free to send it over. If you’re asking to be involved in my investigations, sorry, I work alone.” -Caitlyn quote from the Journal of Justice Issue 16 from the Mailbag of Justice section.

It really feels like it contradicts Caitlyn's character.

Unless it gets changed to something along the lines of "Caitlyn is doing this to keep a close eye on Vi", it would be far better in my opinion which also leaves it the story between the two open for the future. Will Vi go back to the life of crime? Or will she stay on the path of redemption? If she does fall back into that lifestyle her current lore as Caitlyn's partner makes it seem contradictory, as the partnership feels like a sort of commitment as opposed to the vagueness of Caitlyn wanting to keep Vi close to watch her.

just my opinion.

Lyger101

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
...Story wise, a boatload in regards to Piltover and Piltover champions. She actually opens a lot of venues for them as a whole. Imagine her interacting with Heimerdinger with that kind of attitude? Imagine her speaking with Janna, with Jayce, maybe even Blitzcrank. Maybe she wants to outpunch the lovable steam golem. There's a lot of story potential for her and the Piltover champions, both comedic, and serious, so all in all, I like her.

And I can't help but grin every time she uses her Q. It makes me think of Ralf's Galactica Phantom from KoF.
That should be another Journal of Justice article. Match of the century Blitzcrank vs Vi all out boxing match to see who truly wields the greatest fist!