Does Riot even care about community suggestions ? Official thread here ! @Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

---------------------------

Obviously, Riot just doesn't take community suggestions seriously, unless it's about opinions on game-balance, while alot of people have very cool ideas.

I would personally like to see alot more variety, diversity and uniqueness among champions, playstyles and mechanincs.

I hope this thread can make a difference for future content, as I know ALOT of you summoners have amazing ideas Riot could easily use and figure out a way to balance it properly.

Throw ideas/concepts at me creative younglings !

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start off with:

Wind/Air elemental thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLaneWonGame View Post
What would be cool is a vortex AoE (ultimate) that sucks people caught on the inside towards the center, while forcing people outside of the AoE away.
Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2814480

-

Quote:
-Some spellsteal ability would be cool IMO. Being able to 'steal' their last used ability and use it yourself. (Could be balanced perfectly, either by weakening the effect of the stolen ability, such as doing less damage or cc'ing for a shorter duration, etcetera).
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky Steal View Post
A Champion that gets their attack range/skill range reduced or increased based on how many times you attack/cast in a set amount of time.
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgladar View Post
Blood Bond:
X champion creates a bond with targeted ally, taking on all or sharing damage done to this ally for X(%) amount.
This could even be a cool global ultimate, or just a normal ability for tanks.
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
Here are some ideas for Riot to ignore while creating their next gap closer/steroid/cleave Q bruiser:

- Support champion that marks an allied champion, then casts skillshots from this champion to a nearby point.

- Ult that can be cast on a teammate and temporarily gives you their non-ultimate abilities to use, replacing yours until you cancel it.

- Sleep: Enemy target is stunned until their own teammate attacks them with an auto attack (which does no damage). The enemy basically stunned, though being invulnerable for the CC duration, teammates can cancel the effect by hitting their teammate who's asleep/stunned.

- A champion with a pet as a passive, controllable by using Alt-click commands. Abilities have bonus effects while the pet is alive.

- An aura that makes nearby allies invulnerable until a shield that is put on you is broken.

- The ability to mark a zone anywhere on the map and cast spells at enemies inside this zone regardless of distance.

- A channeled spell that slowly pulls the enemy to you.

- A champion with a clone. Control the clone using Alt-click, cast your ult to transfer control to the clone. Both have their own skill set and cannot get more than X units apart.

I guess, Riot won't even look at our ideas.
A man can dream my friend.

Official Pet/Twin-Thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2847268

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky Steal View Post
I'm thinking about the possibilities of traps. A champion that has movable traps, traps interacting with terrain type, traps that have lasting effects or traps that interact like skills.
Imagine being able to place a trap somewhere that blinks an enemy who steps on it to another point in a small radius.
I think Riot could do ALOT more with a champion who's abilities are focused around devastating traps.

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinto View Post
I'd like to see a champion that corrupts the ground on ability use. The corruption disappears after a time unless it is in the fog of war.
The champion's ultimate could pull skeletons or void beasts from the corruption. The beasts last until they die, and they seek out the nearest visible enemies and attack them. It would be cool to have an evil swarm related champion like that.
-

Champion who can adapt/change his ultimate to make it appropraite for the situation, using a combine-mechanic:[/B]

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post31895017

------

'Potential' thread about destructible terrain in League:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2884242

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have your own ideas/concepts ?

Comment below !

For abilities: Please write it down like a tooltip, please don't include ratio's, base numbers, cooldowns or w/e. Leave balancing to Riot.

For champion-concepts: Please give a very short summary or short concept of a champion.

If you've already worked your concept out in your own/larger thread please do leave the link in your comment, but don't post the entire 'champion-design' here.

Epic thanks to ALL of you wich helped me to create this thread.

PS: This is no rage/'Riot is bad'-thread towards Riot, though I have my concerns and believe League could be a lot more interesting/have more depth.
PS2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolli42 View Post
As I said there are so many great champion concepts in this forum :/
Maybe Riot could consider using ideas of their community more...
Disclaimer: All of these ideas are just suggestions and simple concepts, all of them should be taken light-heartedly, comments such as 'This would be entirely broken' or 'Would feel UP and underwhelming' are invalid arguments. Let Riot do the balancing if they'd ever do something with some suggestions in this thread.

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

Edited/Updated.

Hai Ganbarimasu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

I hope to see what a rioter has to say about this.

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Song View Post
I hope to see what a rioter has to say about this.
Me too. I don't care if the suggestions I have in my thread ATM are absolutely stupid or bad.

I just doesn't get why ideas seem to have a 0,0000000001% to ever be implented, even if it is a very very cool and usable idea.

WesIey

12-09-2012

and who are you do make an official thread?

CryoTyrfing

12-09-2012

Blind monk Champion
Bear champion
Female tank champion
Manly ADC champion
Bunnygirl Riven
Spider Queen(albeit in a different form than some would've preferred)

All community suggested, all in the game.

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryoTyrfing View Post
Blind monk Champion
Bear champion
Female tank champion
Manly ADC champion
Bunnygirl Riven
Spider Queen(albeit in a different form than some would've preferred)

All community suggested, all in the game.
These are all Archtypes, yet very cool ones and I am grateful Riot has made them. I'm more aiming for playstyles, abilities and other cool stuff.

Obviously, feel free to post any 'concept' considering a visual/archetype for a champion.

EDIT: Have one myself, in this thread actually, the 'Wind/Storm elemental' suggestion. Would be a cool Archetype/creature in League IMO.

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesIey View Post
and who are you do make an official thread?
A very dedicated and loyal League of Legends player that feels entitled to contribute to the game in a positive way, am I wrong to do so ?

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

bump

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

bump