"They started it first", "the other players were worse"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchierkeWiking

12-11-2012

Taken from this thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.
I'll make it even more clear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK.
And yet we all know that we'll continue to see these people using this absurd argument to defend themselves over and over again.

KiII Yourself

12-11-2012

We get it, you let people walk all over you in real life so you expect the same of others. Unfortunately, not everyone is a spineless doormat.

SimplyAlive

12-11-2012

Or *gasp*, one can defend himself without spewing vitrol all over the screen!

I have defended myself countless times in-game in the past and haven't had as much as a warning. The difference to most people who claim they 'defend themselves' is that they actually fight back.

Defending yourself is not equal to fighting back. That is the mistake many suspended/banned players seem to make on these forums.

Koelio

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
Or *gasp*, one can defend himself without spewing vitrol all over the screen!

I have defended myself countless times in-game in the past and haven't had as much as a warning. The difference to most people who claim they 'defend themselves' is that they actually fight back.

Defending yourself is not equal to fighting back. That is the mistake many suspended/banned players seem to make on these forums.
Even then a vast majority of times it's how that person chooses to fight back.

NinetyNineTails

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koelio View Post
Even then a vast majority of times it's how that person chooses to fight back.
This. A surprising number of people who end up suspended by the Tribunal are notably bad at fighting back in meaningful ways.

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

The " he started it " excuse is so kindergarden ... XD

Also, I don't think we should pay attention at someone whose nickname is "kill yourself" :P .