"Cannot lose bot games no matter how bad you are"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penguin1990

12-09-2012

Then please explain what more I could do. I go top solo as Caitlyn because two people decide they want mid. 7 minutes in, I'm 2-0-0 and my team is 2-10. I look around and bottom has lost a tower and mid is about to lose theirs. I roam, I kill the Ryze attacking mid tower. At this point, I'm 3-0-0. My tower is in danger, so I return to hold it. I pick up a double kill with help from the tower and end up 5-0-0. At this point, it's 12 minutes in, bottom has lost their second tower and mid has lost their first. I roam to bottom to hold it at which point, the bottom players ditch it and go top. I pick up a few kills here, the players who went top manage to lose another two towers while mid loses their second. 20 minutes into the game, I manage to take bottom tower and am 7-0-2 while my team is 9-27. The game ends at 27 minutes because the bots absorb top and mid while I'm holding bot. Game ends with me 10-0-2 with the team 12-34-4.

Now I am new to this game, only level six so I really have no idea what I'm doing. I just know dying is bad and losing towers is bad, so I do my best to avoid both..But in this situation, how could I have avoided the loss?

Olaeceae

12-09-2012

"Cannot lose bot games no matter how bad you are"

This is not true, especially when it comes to intermediate bots. The longer the game drags out, the more hard it'll be to kill the bots and the easier it'll be for them to kill you.
Even the beginner bots, who hold off on buying and don't play as well as the intermediate bots, can become trouble if you allow them to build to their sixth item.

If you're playing a intermediate bot game that lasts over 30 minutes and there isn't at least 2/3 good people on your team , with no one pushing down turrets/inhibitors, and people running in different lanes/jungle, the game is nearly impossible to win.

Winning bot games only require you getting your team to push a single lane constantly until the inhibitor goes down, then to take down the remaining inhibitors and finally 2 nexus turrets+nexus.

TenienDaithen

12-09-2012

Key to never losing a bot game: split push. If the bots aren't in a lane take that lanes tower and leave. The bots will then go to that lane and you can push another. The bots will start group roaming mid game and respond very slowly to different player positions on the map. Just don't get caught when split pushing. The bots will cut through the jungle to stop your push if you are past the first tower, so just walk back down the lane if the bots disappear from the minimap.

Split pushing will win a bot game most every time but is considerably more dangerous for you when playing humans.

TehomCD

12-09-2012

Pretty much. Teleport/split push strategies will pretty much win every time against bots, they just don't deal well with it. You could go homeguard enchantment on boots also with teleport to both allow you to defend turrets quickly as well as to gank with homeguard/teleport after recalling.

Creepy4

12-09-2012

Not being able to lose bot games isn`t quite true. I`ve actually come very close to a loss against beginner bots once, when I was forced to play both mid and bot lanes simultaneously with a champion I'd never used before.

The game was essentially a 2v5. Two of our players idled, one kept alternating running up mid or bot lane (whichever one I wasn`t in) and dying to either the AP or AD carry without clearing even a single enemy minion, and I was doing two lanes at once. Fortunately our solo top played a very good Fiora, and by the time the bots began to group up for teamfights she was fed beyond belief. Had she been not as good, we almost-certainly would have lost.

FaceRoll13

12-09-2012

The good news is that those attention seekers bragging about their prowess are aging no marketable skills unless they're on a pro team making some money.

Everyone starts at the beginning and some things come faster to one person than another; but so what?

We had a nice game going, when someone started feeding the bot Swain.
Not knowing any of the counters to a fed Swain, was a huge problem even though I was fed with 20+ kills on Vayne. I couldn't shoot fast enough as he used my health to replace his.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-09-2012

you are lieing just making this thread, to argue. the fact is you can feed, and your team mates will still carry you. and vice versa. you simply can't lose to bots, unless three or more people intentionally tried to make it happen. even then the chances are slim.

Creepy4

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damein Sandow View Post
you are lieing just making this thread, to argue. the fact is you can feed, and your team mates will still carry you. and vice versa. you simply can't lose to bots, unless three or more people intentionally tried to make it happen. even then the chances are slim.
Assuming that at least 2 people on the team are competent, I'd agree that it's normally true that you can't lose to (beginner) bots. It's possible to lose when everybody's a newbie though. I recall 2 losses to beginner bots in my time playing LoL, both being back when I was trying to learn to play melee champions but was really bad at it. Being low level and presumably none of them smurfs, my teammates actually couldn't make up for my poor playing and we lost.

TheDjinni

12-10-2012

I generally tend to recommend that people play against intermediate or at least beginner bots for the first 15 levels of the game. Mostly because bots are better than most newbie players but won't stomp you hard like smurfs will. They're a nice balance between stupid easy and stupid hard; both of those extremes don't offer much opportunity to learn.

So on the unfortunate chance that you get 4 other total newbies on your team who feed the bots all game, I can totally see losing to bots a definite possibility. Once you hit level 30, though, players have been playing long enough to have the rudimentary level of skill necessary to not feed bots, and having just 1 decent player on your team is enough to stomp bots completely.

TheDjinni

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceRoll13 View Post
Not knowing any of the counters to a fed Swain, was a huge problem even though I was fed with 20+ kills on Vayne.
Ignite.

A 20 kill vayne should have stomped a Swain without it, though. You probably just built her wrong.