Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Concept] - Zarion, the Shade of Corruption

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosDK

12-12-2012

bump

Zarkof

12-12-2012

The passive is what Evelynn's used to be and is pretty boring.
Q is basically Vladimir's but with mana. not interesting. why have it recover less mana than the cost?
W: 900 range? seriously? if you're going to give someone an instant snare then you can't have it be that high. The non-instant aspect of it is fine but the range is still way too large.
E: Basically Janna's E in a sense. It performs the same role of ignoring unit collision and creating a movement speed difference. meh. it's been done before.
R: Again, the range is way overpowered. Free pull into your W with no skill that pretty much means certain death for an enemy? no. just no. No on the true damage. no. This is literally Death Grip from DKs in WoW (you even stole the quote) and EVERYONE hates it. This is Anti-fun. Blitzcrank is the only one with a long range grab and it's a Skillshot that only hits one unit, minion or champion.

No.

Desperately needs balance and lacks innovation and synergy.

Please, before you post numbers, look at the League of Legends Wikia page (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki) and balance your numbers based on the numbers the champions already have.

ChaosDK

12-13-2012

Quote:
Zarkof:
The passive is what Evelynn's used to be and is pretty boring.
Q is basically Vladimir's but with mana. not interesting. why have it recover less mana than the cost?
W: 900 range? seriously? if you're going to give someone an instant snare then you can't have it be that high. The non-instant aspect of it is fine but the range is still way too large.
E: Basically Janna's E in a sense. It performs the same role of ignoring unit collision and creating a movement speed difference. meh. it's been done before.
R: Again, the range is way overpowered. Free pull into your W with no skill that pretty much means certain death for an enemy? no. just no. No on the true damage. no. This is literally Death Grip from DKs in WoW (you even stole the quote) and EVERYONE hates it. This is Anti-fun. Blitzcrank is the only one with a long range grab and it's a Skillshot that only hits one unit, minion or champion.

No.

Desperately needs balance and lacks innovation and synergy.

Please, before you post numbers, look at the League of Legends Wikia page (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki) and balance your numbers based on the numbers the champions already have.

Allow me to make things clearer.

Passive - It seems that the ability it self is disliked, though my point of this concept was a mage that can sustain for a while. I though of this since it is important for mage's that use mana to be at the % of being able to use a mix of his abilities.

Q - The idea of this ability was not to be alike to Vladimir's since it is not HP drain base, but regaining flat Health and Mana. I did make an error about the cost and will be working on it.

W - The range is basically similar to Brands and Swains W/2nd skill. It isn't really an instant snare for that it is not instantly active and the ability it self "does" have a second or two delay and has a really small radius for the snare effect (similar to Caitlyn's and Nidalee traps). Remember that we have moving opponents and will easily realize this ability, the ability is initiation based and not meant to be overpowered.

E - Yes I see that I've made a mistake here and will be working on it.

R - The whole idea of this ability was meant to be fun, I might want to correct you that it does not belong in any other type of game. I have never played WoW and/or know little about it. I did not steal anything for any other type of games, this concept was totally meant for the enjoyment and fun for the viewers and players that like the concept. The ability will be rearranged and reworked, but I will not change the idea of this ability for it is not "Anti-fun" and meant to make players enjoy. This type of ability is meant to make the other players to use flash their flash and remember that this ability is an Ultimate, champions are unique in their own way and all have a counter grid for all. Noone really hates the idea and concept so far I am trying my best and want to make concept's the players will enjoy.

Yes it is in great shape of the need to be balanced and lack of attention, thank you for the feedback so then I'll be able to rework the concept. I hope you'll like this Champion Concept in the future.

Zarkof

12-13-2012

Okay, so Death Grip from WoW is pretty much a brokenly overpowered skill this melee class has. It's effectively a targeted Blitz grab and everyone hates it in PvP, and then they went and made it upgradeable to be an AoE. There is no skill involved in it and it's pretty much "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL NOW I KEEL U" every time you use it.

As for W, you mentioned something about a champion running over it activating it before the delay ended. This is why I said "instant snare". If it's an AoE with Nidalee's trap range, that's reeeeeeeeallly small. Only time I ever get more than one target hit with that trap is if someone's running down lane right on top of a minion and they both step on it at the same time. And if it only snares people in that radius the instant the delay is over then that's kinda weak. At least Caitlyn's traps stay for a few minutes.

instantly grabbing 4 champions into one spot to set up the EASIEST AoE combo ever with no skill involved is poor design. "Oh here comes that guy, better run away before he ults us all into their Jarvan Fiddles Annie combo." This is not fun and you don't feel satisfaction for winning a teamfight because your ultimate is pretty much winning the fight for you with a broken positioning ability with no skill involved. The added true damage is literally overkill since you're effectively doing 900 true damage in an AoE.

You also spelled "touch" incorrectly, unless you plan on using the Fencing Term which doesn't really make sense.

Step one: W and flash to w
Step two: Ulti
Step three: ?????
Step four: profit.

Moby the White

12-13-2012

I actually turned Death Grip into a viable skillshot with some new innovations during my creation of Bianca. Make yours a skillshot and I am sure it will be viable.

ChaosDK

12-23-2012

bump

ChaosDK

12-23-2012

Updated abilities.

ChaosDK

12-23-2012

Updated.

ChaosDK

12-23-2012

bumping for feedback

ChaosDK

12-24-2012

bump