Game window opens in bottom-right corner of screen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

I am running on two monitors. I switch between them when working or playing a game. The bug may be related to that, since my screen resolution changes from a wide-screen 1680 x 1050 (work setup) to 1600 x 1200 (LoL setup). I have both monitors hooked up, but I only use one or the other at once.

I run the game client in 1600 x 1200 resolution, Borderless mode.

When I get to the loading screen for the game client (players connecting to the game, showing % complete etc.), the screen will sometimes appear in the bottom-right corner of my monitor. When this happens, it is still 1600x1200 resolution, so I only see the top-left corner of the game client.

The solution so far is to hit Esc to open the menu once we are all in the game. From there, I can click Video and selected Windowed mode. I then have to drag to menu up, slightly off-screen in the game client, so that I can click the OK button.

After clicking OK, the game client reloads and is centered on the screen normally. However, I cannot switch back to Borderless mode once I do this. Because I had to drag the window off-screen in order to get to the OK button, the "Video" button is now off-screen as is the top of the menu itself. I cannot click Video again, nor can I reach the top of the menu in order to drag it back down onto the screen. The "X" button to close the window is also off-screen and inaccessible, though I can close the menu by hitting Esc again.

The whole process of fixing this takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute, which isn't much in a bot game but would probably be pretty devastating in a ranked game.

This bug seems to occur more frequently if I have switched monitors at some point without restarting the computer. However, it can happen without me switching monitors as well. It is inconsistent. Sometimes it will happen several games in a row. Sometimes it will happen once and then not again for the rest of the day. Sometimes it will happen one game, then not the next, then again the next... it's hard to predict.

The main frustration is that I am unable to actually get the window fixed back to Borderless mode if the bug happens. Because I have to draw the menu partially off-screen to click OK, I only have one opportunity to actually change the Video settings and then have to play with what I change it to.

Secondary frustration is the time it takes to fix it every time, of course. I don't do ranked, so that isn't a huge issue for me, but I'd really rather get right into the game and have time to think about my starting item!

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, 32 bit. Video card is ATI Radeon HD 5670.

Merced

12-09-2012

Occasionally this happens to me as well. I rebuilt a destroyed Toshiba Qosmio F25 laptop (everything is new in it but its rigged as ****...looks rough, what's left of the original laptop base is duct-taped to a desktop monitor...lol...) and the original screen was shattered so I run off a monitor as default display.

Not sure if the problem is due to the fact we are running off 2 displays. I can't go with your method since I don't have access to the laptop monitor. My settings are for the desktop monitor to be the primary and only screen used, but I think it causes issues from time to time for me since the laptop keeps a ghost display. So when it happens to me it locks my mouse and all into the corner, requiring me to kill rads.kernal.exe and restart LoL.

Now that takes a sizable chunk out of beginning game time and makes me fall behind =/

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Another person with the same problem: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2884166

Zetaneuro

12-09-2012

This happened to me all the time but I figured out when it would do it so it's not a problem anymore (although still annoying).

For me, switching to any other process in-between the champion select screen and the game loading screen (when league of legends logo appears/disappears then shows the game line-up for both teams) the game loading screen will reposition to the bottom right.

If this is when it's happening to you, just don't touch anything after champion select until the loading screen appears and it won't occur.