Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi and Star Ocean 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWhiteRabbit7

12-09-2012

So I don't know exactly where to post this but I figured this was the closest thing. I wanted to ask a question to the developers.

Was inspiration from Vi drawn from Precis F. Newman from Star Ocean 2?

Cause the character design is very close. Not that I'd consider this even -remotely- a bad thing. Quite the opposite, I think its awesome. Precis was one of my favorite characters, and Star Ocean 2 is easily in my top 10 best games of all time for me.

Anyway thats all. Hope I get a response >.<

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-09-2012

Not really seeing it. Rather, I think I see a Luffy reference, but that might just be me hoping.

TheWhiteRabbit7

12-09-2012

big blue metal fists on precis vs big blue metal fists on vi. both women, both from technological towns. what.. don't you see...

Best Mayo NA

12-10-2012

God I LOVED Star Ocean: The Second Story, and I loved Precis, but one IronStylus said that her Neon Strike skin is a reference to the anime movie Redline, I guess.

Celilo

12-10-2012

*In to show love for Star Ocean*

May have to get Vi just for nostalgia...

Zenmetsu Saseru

12-10-2012

Quote:
PurpleJetskis:
...but one IronStylus said that her Neon Strike skin is a reference to the anime movie Redline, I guess.

Oh, good point. Sonoshee McLaren is in excellent taste.

Telmes

12-10-2012

I didn't make the relation since Precis uses a backpack thing has a mechanical arm and a mallet. Vi has the better voice though.