Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why nerf Diana again? (and bug)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KitStylus

12-09-2012

Diana seems to be the new Irelia, her Q ability is very easy to avoid,
Also it has a bug that sometimes fizzles and goes on cool down, i
think it happens when you target outside her range, but im not sure.

Diana is very straight forward, go in balls to the wall, blow your cool downs
and has no escapes (unless you dash to a minion if your lucky), shes not that
tanky either. Yet Vi (from reading her notes) is a Powerhouse with insane damage
and a passive shield...

I'll probably get downvoted, but can someone tell me why these nerfs are warranted?
Shes not the only one with a poke and Rabbadon's one of her core items was nerfed too.

Thanks

demonfood

12-09-2012

the worst part is that diana is listed as a jungler still, but shes no longer a viable jungle with the new season 3 changes. nerfing diana again will just make it to where she has no options but mid laning. i play diana as a jungler 9/10 times in 5v5s, or at least i used to.

this is just another one of those instances where someone gets popular, lots of people get good with them in, so they get nerfed. there are plenty of op champs out there that really need nerfs, but no one plays them because they havent seen them played a lot in team competitions. a good example would be twitch. hes so op now if you play him like i do, and he is starting to become popular among the pros, but a good twitch can carry any team.

after noc got nerfed last time, i was sad. nobody played him. that was kind of a good thing though, because then no one expects a 25/2/8 nocturne in a 22 minute game.

its my opinion that they need to balance all the new items(we all new they wouldnt be perfect the day they were released, right?), then buff the weak champs, instead of nerfing the strong ones.

all that being said, regardless of nerfs diana will always be one of my favorites. she has awesome lore, an awesome weapon, and everything about her kit is cool. it will just suck that she has to get nerfed cause people dont know how to dodge her q.

pchannington

12-09-2012

Quote:
demonfood:
the worst part is that diana is listed as a jungler still, but shes no longer a viable jungle with the new season 3 changes. nerfing diana again will just make it to where she has no options but mid laning. i play diana as a jungler 9/10 times in 5v5s, or at least i used to.

this is just another one of those instances where someone gets popular, lots of people get good with them in, so they get nerfed. there are plenty of op champs out there that really need nerfs, but no one plays them because they havent seen them played a lot in team competitions. a good example would be twitch. hes so op now if you play him like i do, and he is starting to become popular among the pros, but a good twitch can carry any team.

after noc got nerfed last time, i was sad. nobody played him. that was kind of a good thing though, because then no one expects a 25/2/8 nocturne in a 22 minute game.

its my opinion that they need to balance all the new items(we all new they wouldnt be perfect the day they were released, right?), then buff the weak champs, instead of nerfing the strong ones.

all that being said, regardless of nerfs diana will always be one of my favorites. she has awesome lore, an awesome weapon, and everything about her kit is cool. it will just suck that she has to get nerfed cause people dont know how to dodge her q.

Agree 100% to this.

neverlucky

12-09-2012

Quote:
demonfood:

You're joking, right? Diana has one of the EASIEST jungle clears of Season 3. I love Diana, and play her quite a lot, but I'd be fooling myself if I said she wasn't a little too powerful. This slight Q nerf won't hit her too hard. It will probably put her where she belongs, honestly.

Zair Umbras

12-09-2012

Minor nerf to her Q won't stop Diana from being destructive... As for not being tanky, she does Akali's damage in 2 abilities rather than a full rotation and the bubble makes it to where she can actually survive. Akali gets owned by a pink ward, Diana only gets owned if she's the only one going in.

demonfood

12-10-2012

Quote:
neverlucky:
You're joking, right? Diana has one of the EASIEST jungle clears of Season 3. I love Diana, and play her quite a lot, but I'd be fooling myself if I said she wasn't a little too powerful. This slight Q nerf won't hit her too hard. It will probably put her where she belongs, honestly.

what runes and masteries then? a little evidence to support your claim would be great.

also i forgot to cite dianas jokes and her laugh as being OP.

Ardrovan

12-10-2012

Jungle diana barely takes dmg in the new jungle, she. Isnt op, and she doesnt do akali's lv dmg with 2 skills(if you think so, go try to do the math) but the nerf on q wont hit her so hard.

Jungle diana start machete 5 pots, armor seals, attspd reds, mov quints, mr or ap blues, shield at lv 1, masteries 9/21/0 or 0/21/9 taking magic pen in offense in first one or mana and summoner cds on utility, dmg reduction from monsters, armor, legendary armor, hp%, 3% dmg reduction and slow and cc masteries from defence.

You can get two rounds on your jungle/enemy jungle (beware here you got no boots) and gank a lane if enemy is pushed and one of ur teammates has a hard cc like taric stun or nami bubble b4 your first back

Grimwohl

12-10-2012

Maybe you didnt see IPL5.
Diana does a ton of damage, and has Malphite level initiation. She was present and banned in about 80% of games. Riot has nerfed based on popularity before, but Diana actually has a lot of things going for her that warrants a soft punt from the bat.

neverlucky

12-10-2012

Quote:
demonfood:
what runes and masteries then? a little evidence to support your claim would be great.

also i forgot to cite dianas jokes and her laugh as being OP.

I run attack speed marks, armor yellows, magic resist blues, and I think either magic pen quints or movespeed.

Start machete, 5 pots, and W. Ask for a little help with wolves and blue buff, and you will be able to clear the whole jungle twice without having to go back.

If you have uncooperative teammates, just start blue and use health pots accordingly. It will probably suck, but you'll be alright after that.

Izisery

Recruiter

12-10-2012

Quote:
Zair Umbras:
Minor nerf to her Q won't stop Diana from being destructive... As for not being tanky, she does Akali's damage in 2 abilities rather than a full rotation and the bubble makes it to where she can actually survive. Akali gets owned by a pink ward, Diana only gets owned if she's the only one going in.

You are right in a way. A minor nerf won't stop a pro player in the competitive scene from being a destructive force.

However, it will stop a low elo player from being destructive. These minor nerfs that they keep handing out don't stop Pro players in the least from using champs and crushing games. They do however prevent people who aren't 'Godlike' from being effective with the champs.

From my standpoint (which to clarify, I'm a -terrible- player), It seems like Riot is more geared towards keeping professional players in check during Tournaments, where everyone there is 'Godlike' and can easily learn to counter champs like Diana without nerfs to her skill set, than to the Much Much larger community of low elo players who play champs like Diana but need that extra bit of damage just to be able to stay in lane.

Now, my perspective is very limited, I don't work at riot, I don't see all High Elo Matches, I don't have access to data on how well Diana does in games, I'm just like every other joe, that watches tournaments and roots for my favorite pro player, and then gets disappointed when they play a champ I use, like Diana, and the next week Riot announces a nerf right after the champ gets picked repeatedly in a tournament and makes great plays that win the game (or gets repeatedly banned because the other team hasn't yet figured out how to counter them).

Also, Diana gets countered by champs like Lebanc, Ahri, Zed, and Wukong. Basically anyone who can Kite/Bait her Q and deny the reset of her ult, or avoid popping her W.