To all those who are angry over bans.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Haven85

Senior Member

12-08-2012

After reading about several people's outrage over the "minor" causes of their bans, I have decided to repost a revised version of one of my earlier posts in hope that I can get people to understand why they are being punished.

With so many people "power gaming" LoL and trying to get optimal results from each game, LoL was starting to grow a notorious player base of highly negative players who made the game unenjoyable for anyone who did not play what they have deemed to be the "perfect" or the "correct way." These players were so notorious for their childish abuses it started to scare off more reasonable and casual gamers who had better things to do than to be spammed at by children. In the end, this would have resulted in the player base consisting only of the toxic perfectionists and would have eventually resulted in the game failing.

It is for this reason that Riot as taken a no tolerance stance on toxic game play. In order to keep this free to play game going, not even negative attitudes can be allowed to go unpunished. As popular as LoL is, Riot understands they are still in a competitive market and that their players can easily move on to a different game if they are unable to enjoy this one. Since LoL is a free to play game, it is important to Riot that their player base sticks around and keeps playing since they can not count on an initial pay off from new players like most pay to play games

I hope this short explanation can help you understand why you are being punished for behavior other games rarely do anything about and helps cool your anger to some degree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

I think the problem is not "scaring other players off"

It is just that people come to this game to have fun,
Making sure people have fun is Riot's business, so, naturally,
they will take actions against anyone who is ruining other people's fun.

Just business.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Haven85

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
I think the problem is not "scaring other players off"

It is just that people come to this game to have fun,
Making sure people have fun is Riot's business, so, naturally,
they will take actions against anyone who is ruining other people's fun.

Just business.
Actually I think "scaring off' is a accurate way to put it. I almost did not bother to start playing this game because I had heard how abusive it's people can be if you do not play exactly the way they expect you to. Even now when I talk to my friends about the game they have the same reaction I did, they do not want to play a game when they are flamed for not "power gaming," and where people were likely to either rage quit or intentionally lose if things were not going their way. I am glad we have the tribunal or else I would never play PvP.

Also, you more or less said what I did, Riot wants their players to have fun, and thus, stick around. The longer they are around the more RP they might buy. Yes it is business, they are a company trying to make money and trying to make sure their primary income does not go under from childish behavior. If you enjoy their game, then you should do your part to help purge it if bad gaming experiences.

Sorry, I am not trying to lecture at you or anything. I am sure you understand this already, I am simply trying to make sure I explained myself well enough.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Yes, of course I understand.

I am just saying, even if the players were not "scared off" by the toxic ones (like many players simply report and move on), Riot would still enforce the same kind of actions to players who intentionally ruin games for legit players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Haven85

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Yes, of course I understand.

I am just saying, even if the players were not "scared off" by the toxic ones (like many players simply report and move on), Riot would still enforce the same kind of actions to players who intentionally ruin games for legit players.
Oh, yes, that is true. I am sure losing customers is not the only reason Riot has taken steps to remove negative players. It was wrong of me to make it sound like all Riot cared about was business and profit. They care about their players enjoying themselves too.

However, the point I made might help those who are angry for being punished for minor misbehavior understand why they are being punished for things other games would let slip. Riot has a reputation for having bad gamers that they need to fix, and I think they are doing a good job of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BIGNUGGET1

Junior Member

12-08-2012

"Fun" is defined by the user. I was banned for playing some games zoomed in with the camera while i was on mushrooms. It was supppper fun for me and i was friendly to my team and tried hard every game i played that way that night (like 12 games) but I was still banned.

Im sure I ruined the 'fun' for someone (the one that reported me) and I had fun, but for whatever reason, HIS FUN is more appropriate than MY FUN...

the system is hugely flawed, sure a bunch of the reports people post here indicate them yelling at players and calling them names, but there are also plenty where the person didnt harass others at all, and was still banned presumably for ruining someones "fun" even if they never did anything malicious.

Its a joke.

No intelligent player should ever spend money on a game like this, the problem of course is the majority of the world is not intelligent, and so Riot gets rich letting trolls decide what is acceptable fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BIGNUGGET1

Junior Member

12-08-2012

Just edited to add I will be keeping a VERY close eye on my fun meter after my 3 day ban is over, anyone who infringes on my fun in the smallest degree is going to be reported. Its ridiculous i cant max my fun meter out because of anti fun players. i never reported people before unless they were crazy racists cursers and ragers, but now i understand it can be anything you dont find fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zezune

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Haven85 View Post

It is for this reason that Riot as taken a no tolerance stance on toxic game play. In order to keep this free to play game going, not even negative attitudes can be allowed to go unpunished.
Riot did not take a stance......the stance they took is "let tribunal handle it", which means every case pardoned or punished is legit as we set the standards.

If riot had a no tolerance stance, 25% of the population would be perma banned.

In fact, I would probably permaban 5 people a day, and I don't play that much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezune View Post
Riot did not take a stance......the stance they took is "let tribunal handle it", which means every case pardoned or punished is legit as we set the standards.

If riot had a no tolerance stance, 25% of the population would be perma banned.

In fact, I would probably permaban 5 people a day, and I don't play that much.

I disagree

Their stance is "punish players who are toxic to the community"

but

"let the community decide what is toxic"

See the difference? They have a stance of banning, they let us decide WHAT we will ban.


We can't simply decide we don't want to ban anyone and tribunal should be removed, because that is against Riot's stance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Haven85

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNUGGET1 View Post
"Fun" is defined by the user. I was banned for playing some games zoomed in with the camera while i was on mushrooms. It was supppper fun for me and i was friendly to my team and tried hard every game i played that way that night (like 12 games) but I was still banned.

Im sure I ruined the 'fun' for someone (the one that reported me) and I had fun, but for whatever reason, HIS FUN is more appropriate than MY FUN...

the system is hugely flawed, sure a bunch of the reports people post here indicate them yelling at players and calling them names, but there are also plenty where the person didnt harass others at all, and was still banned presumably for ruining someones "fun" even if they never did anything malicious.

Its a joke.

No intelligent player should ever spend money on a game like this, the problem of course is the majority of the world is not intelligent, and so Riot gets rich letting trolls decide what is acceptable fun.
When you play league of legends you are playing on a team, not putting your team into consideration in your actions is just plain inconsiderate. Also you can have fun playing the game the way it is meant to be played, without fooling around and interfering with other people's enjoyment.

Think about it with sports. Say you are an outfielder in base ball, you might think it is more fun to smile and wave at the crowd instead of pay attention to the game, but you can not blame the team for kicking you out of the game when you keep missing fly balls.


12