Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In game occasionally 'locks up'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murpheus

12-09-2012

This has been an ongoing issue for around 4-5 months now, maybe more. Nothing special seems to bring up these lock ups, but about every 2-3 games on average more or less at a random point the game will lock up for anywhere between 2 and 20 seconds, the game itself is frozen, but nothing else unless its a long lockup, then everything else will be affected until it ends.

I initially didn't mind because it was random, but the last few times have been right before a team fight so I've officially had it. As far as I'm aware this doesn't happen with most of my other games.

Running: 1st gen i7 950 @ 3.07GHz
GTX 480
8gb Ram
I run a standard dual monitor setup each at 1920x1080
Most settings maxed and vsync is off

I typically run a few tabs of Chrome in the background along with steam, skype or vent and media player but I've been able to run a few more things than that and not run into any trouble too.

So I'm stumped. Going to try re-installing the whole game soon even though I don't want it to forget key bindings or anything.

Murpheus

12-10-2012

Bit of an update, today I played about 5 games, had 1 or 2 freezes.

Last night I ran repair which took about 40 minutes, guess it didn't fix it.

Murpheus

12-12-2012

Bump.

Daedric101

01-23-2013

I think it's the skype. This happens to me everytime I skype with my friend