Riot, why can't we queue as a specific role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Videowaffles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

There are millions of players, the queue times wouldn't be that long. But yeah I guess queue for lanes then to not interfere with meta.

Videowaffles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Br0heimer View Post
Do people actually think about the implications of such a feature or are they just like "HURR I'M A GENIUS, ROIT HIRE ME PLS"?
implying I want to work for riot

Duke Br0heimer

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videowaffles View Post
>implying I want to work for riot
Shut up Waffle, stop being so delicious.

Videowaffles

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Br0heimer View Post
Shut up Waffle, stop being so delicious.
I'm so hungry...

Duke Br0heimer

12-09-2012

Quote:
I'm so hungry...
Me too, but I can't eat. Damn you, diet.

The Rotting Poet

12-09-2012

Also, how would this work out for Dominion/Twisted Treeline?

Videowaffles

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rotting Poet View Post
Also, how would this work out for Dominion/Twisted Treeline?
It wouldn't. They can make it for just twisted treeline ranked or something.

Lavitztyr

12-09-2012

Quote:
There are millions of players, the queue times wouldn't be that long. But yeah I guess queue for lanes then to not interfere with meta.
there are millions of players in WoW as well, and yes it takes that long.

Razzcastic

12-09-2012

As someone who has the capacity to troll every now and then, this feature would make that just waaayyyyyy too ****ing easy.

Also, this game isn't about linearity in it's champions. You're encouraged to try reasonably unorthodox styles of play, I.E. Tank Anivia

What if I want a serious team that goes all AD carry or all bruisers with black cleavers? IF we had that stupid feature, I wouldn't be able to mass black cleavers efficiently... I'd have to stack BC on soraka... wtf

Kejmur

12-09-2012

Quote:
I was just wondering...it would make a lot sense and fix a lot of problems during the champion selection phase. I was thinking it could be like the WoW queue for dungeons and raids, except it would probably work even better in LoL...
a) Riot clearly stated that they'll NEVER force metagame on anyone or ban for not following it. And this idea promotes metagame this way.
b) No one would queue for support and EVERYONE would try for mid/adc/top (and maybe jungle as well, although I dislike new jungle even more then in s2). Which would make queues so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
c) And what you do when you want to go for example 1vs2 at mid when you duo Q ? (which is viable, watch some pro games). How do you queue for this ? Even longer queue time because both of you want to go mid ?

Honestly I would like to see it, but IMO it's impossible to apply or really hard to do.