So, backdooring is officially back rofl...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lv1LegendaryKill

12-09-2012

Split-pushing, breaking off from the team.

Back-Dooring, who needs a team?

GingerBeardMan

12-09-2012

Ok, well the actual physical act of backdooring is defined as attacking a tower or inhib with no minions this is pretty much impossible to do and live especially because of the backdoor armor protection and the fact that towers ramp in damage.

I SHOULD of titled it split pushing as that's the actual name for what I am trying to say, and the point I'm trying to make is you can die 15 times and eventually the team has to either let you take their entire base and race you vs your team or they have to spend the entire time turtling to shut you down which frees your team up to dragon / baron / farm etc.

What is hilarious is this strategy actually works consistently and I am no doubt going to get suspended for doing it. hehe...

type1Rush

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruyan View Post
again, backdooring =/= splitpushing
whatever you say master chief.

Pulsative

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4set View Post
Yes, I realize backdooring got a new fancy name because of CLG, but nonetheless it is backdooring..
No, backdooring has never been split-pushing (which back then was just called pushing, or perhaps sidepushing).
Only idiots who never knew what real backdooring was called it backdooring.

Skevoid

12-09-2012

So, your plan was to split push/back door, but you didn't take teleport? Also, why are you geared specifically to take down minions?

Lv1LegendaryKill

12-09-2012

You can't really backdoor that well, AP Yi does it better with an AD ranged, tanking with his Meditate than he does rampaging a tower away from creeps with ulti and Wuju. The armor gains turrets get when there are no enemy minions nearby are super-effective, and once you start getting deeper it becomes less effective.

Split-pushing Yi is far more effective.

Lv1LegendaryKill

12-09-2012

Shyvana is awesome though, new Tiamat and upgrade make clear times in lane awesome, split-pushing awesome and are nifty stats.

GingerBeardMan

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skevoid View Post
So, your plan was to split push/back door, but you didn't take teleport? Also, why are you geared specifically to take down minions?
Fair point, I was actually doing this on gangplank when I started and switched to yi but you are probably right. Gonna play around with it some more.

Snipawolfe

12-09-2012

Where's your Youmuu's or SOTD? Lol. You need those. :P

Saruyan

12-09-2012

if you're gonna do this, you might as well test ohmwrecker and see if you can attack it while its unable to attack.