Worth repeating, tanks are getting absolutely shredded.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ge0rgy0

12-09-2012

I was 10-1 with WW 20 minutes into a game from owning a rengar/nautilus. I built pure tank outside of sorc boots and was still getting pretty shredded by carries. If I am getting shredded when I have Mallet, Warmogs, Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart there is a problem. What's the point of even playing bruisers if I go 16-2-17 and can barely carry? After initiating with ult I have to flash out of fights because I get bursted so hard. Riot can we have our old armor and mr back?

And to clarify, I'm not anti-change. I love the new items like Liandry's and while you overdid it slightly with black cleaver, it's good to bring ad casters back into viability even though I don't play them. But the jungle changes and the defense changes weren't the best.

Aimewow

12-09-2012

I didn't think it was bad up until today. Then I realized that it's useless buying MR or Armour on anyone but tanks because everyone has so much penetration now they just cut through a carries defences.

Saphíra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Only armor item is frozen heart.
You're at about -100 armor from 2 black cleavers.

DSXNinjitsu

12-09-2012

Yes, this is completely true. Riot really ****ed up their game. All team fights end in 1-2 seconds. The new items and changes are just ridiculous.

Boss Aegis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

You have little to no damage in a hyper-offensive metagame.

What is wrong with you?

Randomisation

12-09-2012

Were you in AD spec but with tank gear/runes? If you want to tank, build in the defence tree, not offensive tree.

I like the new system. Better than tanks being able to take on 5 people solo and still walk away with half hp...that's just ridiculous.

Krampus Claus

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeltyrTheTroll View Post
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Black_Cleaver

"The Black Cleaver debuff counts per target. Multiple The Black Cleaver on the same champion or across multiple champions will only apply stacks of the debuff faster, but the max cap will still be 4 on each target."

Also, I hear that other armor items exist:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Thornmail
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Randuin%27s_Omen

Dark Reiora

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeltyrTheTroll View Post
This post.

THIS POST RIGHT HERE.

This is why them peoples, this is whey they's be laughin at us.

Ge0rgy0

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Aegis View Post
You have little to no damage in a hyper-offensive metagame.

What is wrong with you?
Offensive items are pretty trash on ww. As it was I could barely get my damage off without getting bursted. You can go wit's end but without a phage it's worthless vs poke comps. Could have gone atmas but that got nerfed to the ground and I already had armor from frozen heart which is better on him. Also with virtually no attack speed a little extra damage wouldn't do much good. The only time damage might be worth it is after you have mallet, glacial shroud, spirit visage and a phage.

Krampus Claus

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ge0rgy0 View Post
I was 10-1 with WW 20 minutes into a game from owning a rengar/nautilus. I built pure tank outside of sorc boots and was still getting pretty shredded by carries. If I am getting shredded when I have Mallet, Warmogs, Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart there is a problem.
Yes there is a problem, you're spending gold inefficiently for effective health.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ic-build-guide

TLDR:

"Against a balanced team (Physical and Magical)

Get 1500 Health

Aim for 60 Armor and Magic Resist then 2000 Health

Then 100 Armor and Magic Resist then 2500 Health

Then 150 Armor and Magic Resist then 3000 Health

Finish of with 200 Armor and Magic Resist."

Stacking warmogs and frozen mallet is not efficient if you only build SV and FH, you were better off building randuins than warmogs, and should have had another MR item as well.

EDIT: Also, you can't judge tankiness in a vacuum. How fed was their ADC? How fed was their mid? Can their mid dish out heavy sustained damage?