Riot, I urge you to re-evaluate the tribunal system

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrmuffyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

*x-post from general discussion*

Yes, I got banned, and yes, I deserve the ban for not following the summoners code etc. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

I'm going to press the fact that the tribunal system is simply too strict, and I'm sure many people can relate to me on this. Many cases will be borderline "toxic," perhaps one teammate gets offended, or a player gets angry at you for being bad. Other times, I'll find cases that I don't even remember, from a month ago. In most of my cases, my language is controlled, despite antagonistic. My biggest gripe? Compared to the massive amount of games, I'm judged for the tiny, tiny minority of games I am mean in. I'm saying players need to be given more space considering that we are all human.

I get it, Tribunal is a good check on toxic behavior.However, every once in a while we have a bad day: nothing goes our way. When there's a teammate underperforming, it's natural to become unhappy and antagonistic. Sometimes that rage that builds up just needs to be let out. But I feel that the number of cases where I've done nothing wrong adds up with the cases that I've done something wrong, resulting in another ban. In addition, these reports add up over a long period of time, with some reports stacking from one ban to the next. Yes, I saw two cases from before my previous ban being included in my current ban, AFTER I reformed my behavior considerably.

I don't believe that I am "trolling," more than just having fun. I am an aggressive, competitive player, but I don't intentionally ruin games for my team. Look at players like Dyrus, Aphromoo, etc. When they get destroyed they rage too (they don't get reported cause they are well-known, and high elo's are more friendly). At regular skill levels, more is taken for intentional feeding than having fun, due to the larger number of players, who like me, get mad at the game sometimes. I don't want to go further into this issue, but there are a LOT of factors going into player mentality and the causes of reports.

Look into this issue, Riot, because I believe I should have been given more leeway in my tribunal cases.

TL;DR Tribunal is too strict


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnyshmoo

Senior Member

12-09-2012

I too was banned because of games that happened BEFORE my previous suspension, and they gave me no warning in my email. I sent in a support ticket about how these two things are unfair.
It's been FOUR days and still no assignment of my ticket to a help desk operator.
absolutely ridiculous


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyshmoo View Post
I too was banned because of games that happened BEFORE my previous suspension, and they gave me no warning in my email. I sent in a support ticket about how these two things are unfair.
It's been FOUR days and still no assignment of my ticket to a help desk operator.
absolutely ridiculous
Riot staff isn't very active during the weekends. Wait till Monday.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnyshmoo

Senior Member

12-09-2012

I sent ticket mid Wednesday, no excuse


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AJStarhiker

Senior Member

12-09-2012

It's probably just taking time for them to get to your request. For all we know, they could have been swamped with support tickets and yours just hasn't made it through yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchierkeWiking

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Riot has stated that the Tribunal is actually more lenient than what they would like, so if they were to review all the cases themselves probably even more people would get banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmuffyman View Post
TL;DR Tribunal is too strict
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Research and data actually shows that using The Tribunal and using our players as reviewers is more accurate than 1 Player Support staff reviewing the case. It's counter-intuitive, but it's a very cool finding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If The Tribunal was a net-negative in the community and did more damage than good, I'd turn it off immediately. I've done the research and had that discussion before. The Tribunal's positive value far out-weighs the negative, which is why we are doing additional features to improve it.

At some point in the future if The Tribunal becomes a net negative, I'd shut it down. I'm a logical person and I'll always make the call that gives our players better experiences.
So I guess you're wrong?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirska

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmuffyman View Post
My biggest gripe? Compared to the massive amount of games, I'm judged for the tiny, tiny minority of games I am mean in.
Due to the large number of false reports that are out there, Riot has to put in a system to take into account some type of percentage of games that people are reported in, otherwise everyone would end up in the tribunal. So your idea that you are an angel in 99% of games is probably false.

Further, it doesn't matter if you are genuinely toxic, even if only in a few games. I can go into 1000 stores and pay for things, then walk into one store and shoplift, and I can still be punished the same. Even if your premise is true that you are good in almost all games (unlikely), it doesn't make any difference if you're truly toxic in a few.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirska

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyshmoo View Post
I sent ticket mid Wednesday, no excuse
They just put out a patch and a new champ, and many employees have already started taking time off most likely. I'm sure everyone at Riot is pretty busy right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-09-2012

I wonder if people like the OP realize that Riot is constantly evaluating the Tribunal.


12