Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi - AP Scaling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twitchious

12-09-2012

First off, I have to say, whoever made Vi did an amazing job. She is fluid and everything just feels flows so naturally well playing her.

However I feel a little sad, she has this AP scaling on her E, which is nice. Actually it is great it makes items like Iceborne not feel wasted (and Iceborne is damn powerful on her IMO.) But I still feel sad with it, so I decided to mess around with AP Vi, and it was hella fun, not strong by any means at all, but fun.

So my question is, would it be possible to turn her into what I feel the first champion in awhile that can go both ways. What I mean by this is possible adding in a AP scaling to her Q and R and have them scale with the higher of AD/AP. She would still feel weird as all of her skill are physical, but it would open up some just plain fun nifty hybrid anti tank builds.

Just my thought, other then that I love her design and will get her on release, so good job on that.

Oo RAN oO

12-09-2012

Definitely NO!
It'll turn her to and assassin insane tank. She'll be able to buy many items that makes her tanky and assassin. Always the AP ratios are more dangerous than the ADs, and people will build her AP tanky, like Diana, or AP assassin like Eve. Eve is the champion who shows it, she scales with both, AD & AP, but people build her competitivily AP.
It can ruin her.

Ardrovan

12-09-2012

Agree with second post, that will turn her into jax, and probably on the same level of lategame jax or stronger, her e would be like jax w but it will be way stronger lower cd and casted really fast for amazing burst, sustained dmg on w and aoe knockbacks on q and r for cc and her shield on passive

Deathstrika

01-28-2013

You guys are forgetting that building ap on her still does physical damage, so armor counters her regardless of what she builds. W doesn't need ap as it's %hp, Q is mostly as an escape/gap closer, E is great as is, and the ult is a hard cc that allows you to get off some good E's and W procs. If anything, put a minor ap scaling on the ult, but it's fine to build her as ap for fun right now.

Dracostar

01-28-2013

yoou guize aree sooo coollll

Cause Im Sona

01-29-2013

Vi is just fine the way she is