Nerf Riven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GangBangTeddy

01-09-2013

Yes or no? and WHy?

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-09-2013

She's being nerfed in the next patch, because she had great health regen with the possibility to just all in you every time you go back to lane.

Mothalius

01-09-2013

AD, how do you know she's being nerfed? I can't find the patch notes anywhere :/ link?

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothalius View Post
AD, how do you know she's being nerfed? I can't find the patch notes anywhere :/ link?
Her nerfs are live on the PBE. From the wikia:

" Riven:
Health regeneration decrease to 5.5 from 9.5
Valor:
Shield strength increase to 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 from 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180
Blade of the Exile:
Cooldown increase to 110 / 80 / 50 seconds from 75 / 60 / 45 seconds "

Helter Kremlin

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Her nerfs are live on the PBE. From the wikia:

" Riven:
Health regeneration decrease to 5.5 from 9.5
Valor:
Shield strength increase to 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 from 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180
Blade of the Exile:
Cooldown increase to 110 / 80 / 50 seconds from 75 / 60 / 45 seconds "
Is that what's being done to her? I'm completely okay with that. I may actually start to play her again.

Mothalius

01-09-2013

A dmg nerf wouldn't have been a TERRIBLE idea, however small

adc

Master Recruiter

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothalius View Post
A dmg nerf wouldn't have been a TERRIBLE idea, however small
The problem with Riven isn't her damage, but her CDs and (apparently) her regen. Riven would all in you, force you to go back, and almost immediately after you returned to lane, she'd have her ult to all in you again.

Helter Kremlin

01-09-2013

Quote:
The problem with Riven isn't her damage, but her CDs and (apparently) her regen. Riven would all in you, force you to go back, and almost immediately after you returned to lane, she'd have her ult to all in you again.
I have rarely had a riven all in me and have it turn out good for her.
Though I do agree, her low cooldowns do make her a tough cookie, but it's just a matter of knowing your enemy and their mechanics versus your own.

And before someone get's all mad.
I, like all players, have an easy time against certain champions, and a not-so-easy time against others.
Riven just happens to be someone I know how to counter the hardest.

adc

Master Recruiter

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Kremlin View Post
I have rarely had a riven all in me and have it turn out good for her.
Though I do agree, her low cooldowns do make her a tough cookie, but it's just a matter of knowing your enemy and their mechanics versus your own.

And before someone get's all mad.
I, like all players, have an easy time against certain champions, and a not-so-easy time against others.
Riven just happens to be someone I know how to counter the hardest.
Not to rag on your skills, but would you like to 1v1 me? I'll play Riven, and you can play anyone that isn't a clear "counterpick" to Riven (ie Teemo or Garen).

Helter Kremlin

01-09-2013

Quote:
Not to rag on your skills, but would you like to 1v1 me? I'll play Riven, and you can play anyone that isn't a clear "counterpick" to Riven (ie Teemo or Garen).

Why? What would be the point? I never said I beat her every single time. I have faced really good Rivens before. If I win, it won't just end there. If you win, I won't hear the end of it. Plus, you limited me to not pick someone who hardcounters Riven. That's what I'm talking about. You set limitations for me to increase the chances you will win. I'm not offended or anything. Hell, I'll 1v1 you with someone who I don't even think I could ever beat a Riven with. But what does that solve? Nothing. Even if I couldn't beat YOU as Riven, that doesn't mean I can't beat other Riven players. For all I know you are a better player than I, and for all you know I'm better than you. If you would like, I will play. I will pick according to your rules, but it will solve nothing, my friend. No matter who wins.