How to solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HOBONIAN

01-12-2013

Solo top is probably my most hated role in the game. Whenever i am solo top i feed no matter how hard i try . Can you guys help me and give me tips on soloing top when vsing 2 other champs (esp with high cc). I hate it so much and i cant go on youtube to look at vids cos i dont have much internet to use. PLEASE HELP GUYS

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

if you are 2v1 then just cs under your turret, and beg your jungler/mid lane for ganks. if they dont gank, just keep cs'ing and eventually your turret will fall and u can freeze lane back by your 2nd turret. at this point they will not be able to pressure anymore because they risk too much by being that deep and will probably roam, so alert your mid lane of a likely gank. depending on the game you may either keep cs'ing or roam as well. if u are 1v2 then either they have no jungler (and your team should dominate mid and bot) or bot lane is 2v1 in your teams favor, and they will dominate bot. in 2v1 basically all u need to do is not die, and try to cs as much as possible under your turret.

a good opening item set is flask/ward/5pot which gives you alot of sustain, and you should be able to last until u have enough gold to get items to make you tanky enough on your first buyback (armor or MR depending on the lane). the flask will give u some sustain throughout the game until you have to sell it to max out your items, making it my favorite item for a toplane mana user.

also masteries and runes are very important. for all my toplanes i run armor seals and movespeed quints. the armor is basically required for toplane you you will be so squishy that you probably just die. the movespeed is really nice to get away from ganks or chase fleeing enemies when your jungler comes in. for masteries defensive tree is a must. toplane is alot of trading and potion chugging so you need to reduce the damage the enemy does to you as much as possible.

xJim15x

01-12-2013

ok .. top lane for me is the easiest lane cuz im good at 1v1 at rank sometimes 2v1 . in 1v1 imo its all about how you play , cs , and you must know how much damage he can do or if its a AOE(area of effect ) skill that you can easily dodge like example : im lee sin and my lane opponent is jax .. jax stun is AOE and i can easily dodge it by just pressing W on my ranged minnions ... you see its all about denying your opponent .. remember to play really aggresive or really defensive ^_^

Schlosserm

01-12-2013

well solo top 1vs1 is easy, just farm and attack if you think you can beat the rival, let him push if you wanna coordinate a gank and push if you think you can resist a possible gank.

The problem is a 2vs1, in this case the juggler MUST help you and stay more often on top (and take their blue btw), or the mid lane try to roam to help you.
You can try to hug your turret but eventually you will lose your lane.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-12-2013

Play Jax. AFK farm for 20 minutes then go win the game.

SupportOrWillAFK

01-12-2013

I dunno. I like Jace for the mindless farm, though Jax is probably better.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-13-2013

Jayce is probably easier to farm with. Jax is better mid and late game once you've built the items.

Thirty minute Jayce isn't necessarily any scarier than any other thirty minute bruiser. Thirty minute Jax is one of the most dangerous thirty minute champions in the game. His damage output is right behind ADC champions...and Jax's abilities are a lot better in terms of utility than a standard ADC.

...and you can build Jax AD or AP to make up for whatever your team is lacking. Though a hybrid build works best.

SupportOrWillAFK

01-13-2013

I just like doing the q + e instant drop. And the ensuing boom when I hit them. I really don't care if I win as Jace. I just want to boom things. O.o

Edit: The ranged w + r + q tri hit is fun too.

Slayertmann

01-13-2013

Go voli, get a health gem first (forget its name). It gives you insane early damage on your w, and I have gotten many first bloods like that. Go exhaust/flash. Just farm it up early game, table flip people whenever possible, and only last hit- if the minions are on your half, but not attacking turret, your jungler can gank by you using q+e to get them behind you, just exhaust and auto attack to 3 stacks of frenzy, then wait for them to get low enough for the bite of death. With your jungler helping this will take about 4 seconds, less if they have someone like gangplank top. I will have my friend film it when I get my laptop back (was infected with a virus) and I will upload it to youtube and link it to you if you want an example. Good luck.

iETL

01-13-2013

Top lane is about out damaging your opponent fast, out sustaining him OR out smarting him. 2v1 is the easiest. Out level your opponent then get a double.