@Riot- Do you really care about our opinion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerophobia View Post
-.- i can build teemo as a tank but that doesn't make him one. He doesn't have any peeling abilities or any abilities that would label him a tank like damage mitigation or a taunt or something. Shen, alistar, rammus are good examples of tanks. Malphite would also be a tank because of how innately tanky he gets but can still be built other ways because he of the way his abilities are.

Champions can be built differently, i can go full tank malphite or half tank half damage. Either way i will be murdering your face off with a decent team behind me.
I agree. Many can be built as tanks and can do fine (ohai garen) but they still are not tanks. There is something in abilities combined with items that makes tanks TANK damage and become unkillable while having abilities that either peel or initiate and then bruisers who built tank and deal too much damage while almost sacrificing nothing in terms of trading off survivability for damage.

I do think however this is almost as much of a problem on SR. It seems worse in TT but I think that's largely to do with TT having two less champions.

Aerophobia

12-14-2012

I guess that person got it from the last few posts. But, anyways, i wish a red would actually reply in the thread. It isn't the same map anymore and i don't understand why both can't be released FOR NOW at least. It would provide information, would appease both sides and clear up the forums.

Live4Gunz

01-15-2013

I found another problem with twisted treeline that was a huge exploit for the enemy team. Blitzcrank can grab champions from their spawn before they have a chance to move.

Aerophobia

02-09-2013

map still lame. shameless self bump for no reason. No riot employees ever pay attention here anyways

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

Quote:
1. altars- the whole altar situation is a complete mess and are the worst possible idea ever invented. They are dominated by bruisers, they are too strong,they cause MAJOR snowballing, they just plain never worked out how you wanted them to work out, they derive from the gameplay of the map and become focal points of the game. This isnt dominion, i don't want to be focusing on capturing altars or else losing the game. If i wanted to capture something id play dominion. Without the general annoyance of them just being focal points of the game, they do give too much and are unbalancable and frankly have no place on this map. They take any feeling that the new map could be related to the old map and just sucks them into hell. They are the devil of this map.
IMHO, the altars are an intresting concept which I neither love nor hate. I think that they are a good way of providing an incentive to teamfight and take risks. The altars however aren't a focal point of the game. Gaining control of two altars only provides a small bonus to your total damage output and unless the enemies are aced, going in for an altar capture on the enemies side can prove to be a risky move.

Quote:
3. walls,movement around map- All the walls removed in the middle and the top area of the map being nonexistant is boring and too easy and predictable. Theres no get away paths, no variety, just one path through through the middle of the map and if you get stuck on the other side you are dead. No exploration, no where to go. Too many open areas out of the jungle and not enough walls. No variety=no fun
While I can agree with this the old Treeline map was somewhat the same. The top jungle's escape path mostly consisted of brush juking and having a dash in your skillset and escaping from the bottom jungle was fairly predictable. Sure the old map had quite a bit more walls but half of those walls gave too much of an edge to champions with a dash ability.

The new map's design is alot cleaner and easier to follow. Whether or not this is "boring" is entirely subjective.

Quote:
4.Vilemaw- The new boss is cool and all but once again problems come back to bruisers. They have the easiest time soloing or just team taking it down and when they already have a bunch of other advantages on the map this is a problem. If you even try playing a support or something else besides a bruiser your damage output is gonna be poop and your tank taking all the damage up front from vilemaw is gonna be getting hit pretty hard. Also as i mentioned above the top area with vilemaw is lonesome and boring like the middle of the map. Just 1 path walking through, no complexity whatsoever. Every time i think about this i just feel like riot is trying to dumb down they map like how they dumbed down katarina with her remake.
Unless you are ultra fed, good luck solo'ing vilemaw before 15 minutes unless your champion has some serious minion damage output. Usually taking Vilemaw as a duo is the most efficient way to do it as you can halve the damage output of Vilemaw to a single target.

I definetely agree that the top area of the map could use some more flair however as one big mob and a walled off area whose purpose is to either bait enemies in or set up an agressive gank doesn't exactly seem too awesome.