@Riot- Do you really care about our opinion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Yunalesca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerophobia View Post
Alright, but bruisers win early game right? And if pushed hard enough you will at least be at a small disadvantage after a short amount of time. Which means they will be ahead of you damage wise, and most bruisers have some way of reaching you may it be a stun slow or pull but they will get to you and once they do you are surely dead. The lack of vision definitely doesn't help this situation when they can just camp important bushes and murder you before you even realize they are there. I'm not saying that what you are saying can't be done, i'm saying more of that anything can be done but that doesn't necessarily make it legitimate.

Also, whaaaaaatt. xin on the squishy side? MAYBE rengar but xin?
All I'm saying is a good high ELO team vs a good high ELO team, teams based primarily on bruisers without good synergy and such usually lose every game. Also glass cannon xin is best xin. Nothing like SoTD critting your 3 talons for about 700 each with capped attack speed from W and SoTD

Archer Lusk

12-11-2012

Quote:
Just ignore him, if he wants to just argue with you then let him just talk to himself then. Cool, thanks for support archer but just sitting in here arguing is kinda just derailing what the point of the thread was in the first place.
I didn't wanna fight with him but I think he is following me. Almost every thread I've posted on, he comes in and starts with me. Even though he posted here first, I said nothing to him so... I'm sorry for being involved in a fight in your thread.

teh d wreck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Just ignore him, if he wants to just argue with you then let him just talk to himself then. Cool, thanks for support archer but just sitting in here arguing is kinda just derailing what the point of the thread was in the first place.
Yeah sorry. Didn't mean to derail the topic. My apologies.

Edit: I really do wish these forums had the ability to private message. I sent you a friend request Archer, don't accept it if you want, but I'm really not trying to be a jerk. The only reason we don't like each other is because of a misunderstanding and I think we could actually get along and I definitely am defensive sometimes. Perhaps if you are willing maybe we could play a game together for fun, I promise not to fight, and I will no longer argue with you on the forums. If you choose not to accept my friend request then take care and sorry if I ever came across as rude or mean, that was not my intention. And one last time, sorry for derailing your thread Aerophobia. <3

Aerophobia

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Yunalesca View Post
All I'm saying is a good high ELO team vs a good high ELO team, teams based primarily on bruisers without good synergy and such usually lose every game. Also glass cannon xin is best xin. Nothing like SoTD critting your 3 talons for about 700 each with capped attack speed from W and SoTD
Without good synergy? So you are essentially saying that a team of good players not playing bruisers can beat a team of bad players playing bruisers. What is that logic O.o a good team can beat a bad team?? well yea, thats common sense i thought....

Aerophobia

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raherin View Post
Yeah sorry. Didn't mean to derail the topic. My apologies.

Edit: I really do wish these forums had the ability to private message. I sent you a friend request Archer, don't accept it if you want, but I'm really not trying to be a jerk. The only reason we don't like each other is because of a misunderstanding and I think we could actually get along and I definitely am defensive sometimes. Perhaps if you are willing maybe we could play a game together for fun, I promise not to fight, and I will no longer argue with you on the forums. If you choose not to accept my friend request then take care and sorry if I ever came across as rude or mean, that was not my intention. And one last time, sorry for derailing your thread Aerophobia. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer Lusk View Post
I didn't wanna fight with him but I think he is following me. Almost every thread I've posted on, he comes in and starts with me. Even though he posted here first, I said nothing to him so... I'm sorry for being involved in a fight in your thread. Don't let him fool you into thinking hes miss manners though, cuz he isn't. Again sorry
Yea, no, its cool guys. I didnt mind if you were arguing about the topic itself but it was just turning into petty bickering and yelling at each other specifically pretty much and that was obviously off topic.

Lady Yunalesca

12-12-2012

Quote:
Without good synergy? So you are essentially saying that a team of good players not playing bruisers can beat a team of bad players playing bruisers. What is that logic O.o a good team can beat a bad team?? well yea, thats common sense i thought....
I didn't say player synergy did I? I meant champion synergy with the team comp. Bruisers don't have things like huge AOE stuns such as Amumu ult, or other things that make strong comps.

Aerophobia

12-12-2012

Quote:
I didn't say player synergy did I? I meant champion synergy with the team comp. Bruisers don't have things like huge AOE stuns such as Amumu ult, or other things that make strong comps.
you also didn't say character synergy did you? so you mean they dont have AoE like malphite, nunu, nasus etc etc.. Theres no specific "bruiser" category but id consider amumu one as well. Tanky, with sustained damage and high survivability. Alot of which fit that description and have AoE, gap closers, stuns and such along that line.

You're also trying to point out player skill as evidence.If we are assuming both teams have a great handle on the game then they are not going to be picking champions without synergy. People picking incorrectly isn't suitable evidence to support you.

Lady Yunalesca

12-12-2012

Quote:
you also didn't say character synergy did you? so you mean they dont have AoE like malphite, nunu, nasus etc etc.. Theres no specific "bruiser" category but id consider amumu one as well. Tanky, with sustained damage and high survivability. Alot of which fit that description and have AoE, gap closers, stuns and such along that line.

You're also trying to point out player skill as evidence.If we are assuming both teams have a great handle on the game then they are not going to be picking champions without synergy. People picking incorrectly isn't suitable evidence to support you.
If you consider malphite nunu nasus and amumu all bruisers, then by your logic are there really any actual tanks in the game? One of my highest played and highest win % is Renekton, which i play as a tank and dominate. Sure he has insane damage while still stacking tank, but that doesn't make him a bruiser, he's still a tank.

Aerophobia

12-13-2012

Quote:
If you consider malphite nunu nasus and amumu all bruisers, then by your logic are there really any actual tanks in the game? One of my highest played and highest win % is Renekton, which i play as a tank and dominate. Sure he has insane damage while still stacking tank, but that doesn't make him a bruiser, he's still a tank.
-.- i can build teemo as a tank but that doesn't make him one. He doesn't have any peeling abilities or any abilities that would label him a tank like damage mitigation or a taunt or something. Shen, alistar, rammus are good examples of tanks. Malphite would also be a tank because of how innately tanky he gets but can still be built other ways because he of the way his abilities are.

Champions can be built differently, i can go full tank malphite or half tank half damage. Either way i will be murdering your face off with a decent team behind me.

Redenbacher

12-13-2012

Quote:
Alistar, Leona, Rammus, Malphite, Shen, Nautilus...

The difference between them and a bruiser is their ability to protect their teammates, and control where fights start. Renekton is not a tank, he's tanky DPS. A good damage soak, but all he has is a single stun with too long a cooldown to effectively peel enemies off teammates.

Malphite can be built as a bruiser, but his strength is forcing a fight to start on his terms, and reduce an enemy AD Carry DPS to practically nothing, protecting his teammates from damage. He also gets more damage by building armor. He can play as a tank... but in my opinion, that doesn't make him a tank.

Amumu can be a tank, but is a very powerful AP Bruiser because of high base damage on his abilities with decent scaling.

Shen can also be built as a bruiser, but his ability to counter-initiate and peel a team off a teammate from anywhere on the map is very powerful.

Rammus, Nautilus, Leona and Alistar don't have to build a single damage item. They are incredibly difficult to kill and serve up the enemy with low CD CC to feed and protect their teammates. They are the truest tanks in the game.