volibear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

antrasta

12-09-2012

volibear is now soft for a tank. pls buff his armor a little bit

Foxling

12-09-2012

I think that's what makes Volibear stand out from the other tanks. Sure he's a soft tank but he trades armor for attack speed and damage. I have been using Volibear as my main for quite some time. Try getting armor runes and if your soloing top get cloth armor and 5 pots and you will be fine

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Volibear is not now, nor has he ever been a tank.

Foxling

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWildRaticate View Post
Volibear is not now, nor has he ever been a tank.
Clearly you've never met a good Volibear.

Sure he is not an armor tank or a magic tank but that's what makes him special.
He's a Health tank, on top of that his W and passive scales based on his max hp so buying hp items not only gives him survivability but damage as well.

I play as Volibear in ranked and lemme tell you he is perfectly fine just the way he is. :3

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

I play Volibear in ranked as well and agree that he is fine the way he is, but still doesn't change the fact that he's not a tank. He's a bruiser/DPS. His initiation power is garbage and his cc is too soft for tanking. He has no form of damage mitigation. He is intended to have a real tank like Leona, Shen, or Nautilus initiate, then run in and melt faces with his ult and bite.

He's only a tank in the same way Mundo is: he isn't actually one at all, he just has to ability to take a lot of punishment and people think that means he's a tank.

SnowSwirl

12-09-2012

I play Volibear religiously, but I feel he has way more potential than people give him. I use him in the top lane. Hes great for the lane phase, he has the damage output to score a first blood, as well as making sure you have the right stuff for him, runes and masteries really make the difference. I also take flash/heal for summoner spells. Basically I use him as a front liner in team fights, i rush in with q, pop my ult, hit my e, then w, after my team joins in a little bit later i use my heal to give us the edge but keep me alive, filling the tank role of taking damage while also putting out an initiation and taking down my opponents a little before my team can finish them off. I feel its not what volibear is or isnt its just your style of play and how you decide to build him.

MrSnitches

12-09-2012

Volibear can play fantastic if the player knows what they're doing. To be honest, this is what every champion comes down to in this game. I've played a large amount of the champions, played against even more, and I've still yet to find a champion that is unable to be countered. People just either need to learn to play with a champ, or try another one. Every champion isn't for every player sometimes.

footfoe

12-09-2012

I think the bigger problem with volibear is his role. He doesn't really have one.

He can't jungle.
he's awful at farming.
Not the best as a support.

I don't think solo top suits him either.

Gnarkill1

12-09-2012

For some reason people associate being resilient with being a tank. Volibear is a bruiser as was mentioned. He lacks the ability to peel and initiate to be described as a tank.

SnowSwirl

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfoe View Post
I think the bigger problem with volibear is his role. He doesn't really have one.

He can't jungle.
he's awful at farming.
Not the best as a support.

I don't think solo top suits him either.
Volibear is suitable for farming, it just takes practice with him to get his last hit down, i agree last hitting with Voli is hard but its learnable and like I've said masteries and runes help a lot,