Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I feel Vi is to much caught inbetween assassin and bruiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Om3gaW3apon

12-08-2012

and we all know how that goes *looks at old xin and Diana* she has the tools to be a solid bruiser due to her kit doing strong damage even with tank items thrown in her build, only thing is even a tanky Vi atm has the ability to ult into the enemy carry (unstoppable) and unleash a R--auto-E-Q-E and melt them in seconds

it's obvious she's gettin number tweeks so this may resolve this issue and she's still in a early state on the PBE

anyways, TL;DR- be careful and dont make her into a tanky assassin cause we all know how that turns out

Alithalor

12-08-2012

She will probably take a bit of time to get use to, but I think she is going to destroy most Tops. By Mid/Late game I can see her melting most Carries. I can't imagine how her numbers won't be toned down. As it is her kit is insane. Though I guess she is kind of squishy if you build her pure offence. But if you do something like Maw, BC, TF, Hydra you will just melt teams.

Zhico

12-09-2012

Poppy's kit is bruiser/assassin yet no one talks about her D: Vi is just another version of poppy

Tadiken

12-09-2012

Quote:
Zhico:
Poppy's kit is bruiser/assassin yet no one talks about her D: Vi is just another version of poppy

With aoe damage. Have you seen a vi with iceborn gauntlet, ravenous hydra, bloodthirster, black cleaver, and GA? Murderous amounts of aoe burst damage, while being tanky.

Om3gaW3apon

12-09-2012

Quote:
Zhico:

that's due to her horrible early game, horrible farming and her CC is situational. luckily VI has a great early, great farming and has reliable CC

Zhico

12-09-2012

I'm aware of some of the difference but yet again look at diana, she has insane assassin and bruiser powers, it think riots on a trend....

Hidden Dragon

12-09-2012

Right now Vi is essentially a melee Vayne with no early game weakness.

She has an amazing laning phase with practically no way to effectively trade her as a melee character due to her E-Q-E burst.

She transitions well to both a tanky DPS (with tons of AoE) or a disruptive tank due to her ult.

She still retains AMAZING damage lategame with only minor attack speed (Wit's End) due to her W.

She needs some big numbers tweaks right now because she has NO weaknesses and practically no counterplay (eve if you considered "never fight her in melee range" counterplay - hint: it's hard to avoid her melee range when she has an unstoppable targetted gap closing ultimate with AoE CC attached. She can easily burst down carries before the knockup ends).

Ardrovan

12-09-2012

She seems a lot like Irelia and diana, long range dive into the backline and take the carries, but more on the irelia side of tanky but with a burst like Dianas.

Has anyone tried building her with Irelias old build?, triforce wits end ga?

What i have been confident in building is triforce black cleaver hydra sunfire merc/tabi and bulwark/maw(one of those 3 depends if a support or jungler got bulwark, ill get it for the 90 mr extra hp regen and armor or maw for the shield and the ad boost for sustained dmg)

phar0ah1

12-09-2012

Quote:
Om3gaW3apon:
that's due to her horrible early game, horrible farming and her CC is situational. luckily VI has a great early, great farming and has reliable CC

Vi does have a great early game and great farming but reliable CC? What are you talking about? Only her ult has CC and like most ults, it has a long CD. I guess you could call her Q a type of CC since it has a small knockup which can interrupt channeled abilities but CC is definitely not her strong suit...

orakio

12-09-2012

Quote:
Nevara:

She needs some big numbers tweaks right now because she has NO weaknesses and practically no counterplay (eve if you considered "never fight her in melee range" counterplay - hint: it's hard to avoid her melee range when she has an unstoppable targetted gap closing ultimate with AoE CC attached. She can easily burst down carries before the knockup ends).

Take Jayce Top, he beats her handily. Her weakness at top lane is that she overpushes far too easily and has to be in melee to CS at all. Ranged Pokes and decent knockbacks disengage mess her up pretty badly. At 6 she gets a lot stronger against jayce to the point where it might be slightly in her favor if she gets a gank from her jungler, but she is still REALLY easy to avoid from range and lacks a real poke.

Number tweaks, definitely. W could probably use a reduction in its scaling from AD, and maybe a scalar on the %armor shred so that you have to invest for it to really help her out instead of being a 1point wonder while you max E/Q first. The damage on her E is just fine imo, maybe a slight increase to the base cooldown on it. Everything about her Q is fine imo, it is easily visible to see when charging and prevents attacks so requires some skill/strategy to use and land, and becomes almost impossible to land on mobile chars.