Black Cleaver nerf NEEDS to be a hotfix. It CANNOT wait.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxbai View Post
i don't think you understand what i'm saying. prepatch, the only cost effective ways to build MR were 1) aegis on the jungler, 2) negatron, 3) GA (barely any). you won't see any of these items during mid game except for maybe the aegis. this was what made the AP assassins so strong. now they can't do true damage mid game. they can't snowball off of midgame as well as before. endgame they are actually worse off because of bulwark, even with the new penetration system.

i don't get the whole "black cleaver makes some assassins viable so it's ok" argument. TONS of assassins were played. the two top teams at IPL5 (WE and Fnatic) as well as M5 had strategies that revolved around assassins. what more do you want?
And postpatch all these MR options have been nerfed.

Bulwark is the only "good" item, and even then it's a giant chunk of change.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Pony View Post
And again we hit a stalemate with the social contract that LoL is, if that is the fate of meta, then it would work for both sides, not very different from having one team fed and the other one losing.
yea but there are far fewer champions that can abuse black cleaver than there were viable champions before the champ. the number of viable champs have severely decreased this patch

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

i was doing fine on Talon before patch, these black cleavers are a perversion of my expertise and hipsterism, I don't want Talon to become fotm. I was the 1% of players who picked him in ranked games, that was fun!

Scarlet Wrath

12-08-2012

Quote:
it IS that bad. you even abuse it yourself
I only get one a game from what I have seen people are mainly crying about stacking them which is more troll then it is effective.

kthnxbai

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
And postpatch all these MR options have been nerfed.

Bulwark is the only "good" item, and even then it's a giant chunk of change.
that does not matter. your base MR and the MR from runes/masteries is the majority of your MR. those stayed the same. you CANNOT penetrate that base 40-45 MR as easily as you did before. before you just needed sorcs + haunting guise. now you need sorcs + haunting guise + abyssal. that's MUCH less efficient

TheGrandDuelist

12-08-2012

A Talon with 2 BC's kills everybody

DoctorQuadrakill

12-08-2012

Yeah most broken thing ever

IrrationalNoob

12-08-2012

Quote:
that does not matter. your base MR and the MR from runes/masteries is the majority of your MR. those stayed the same. you CANNOT penetrate that base 40-45 MR as easily as you did before. before you just needed sorcs + haunting guise. now you need sorcs + haunting guise + abyssal. that's MUCH less efficient
Agreed. Bruisers do true damage to most targets and the cost of increasing armor to beat black cleaver is the same at the penetration gained by another cleaver (or last whisper) as a 2nd item.....while they also get a damage increase.

Also why are you playing an AP? This is AD mid meta bro.

DSXNinjitsu

12-08-2012

Agree with the op. Hotfix this game breaking item. It's almost as bad as the blitz bug and he was disabled.

HINT: DISABLE THE BLACK CLEAVER ITEM AT THE VERY LEAST!

IrrationalNoob

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Wrath View Post
I only get one a game from what I have seen people are mainly crying about stacking them which is more troll then it is effective.
Just one black cleaver makes the armor effective hp curve not worth it for tanks. It is impossible to itemize defensively against an AD bruiser and thus we have AD bruiser vs AD bruiser fights every game. Its a problem if the only counter is the thing your trying to counter.