Black Cleaver nerf NEEDS to be a hotfix. It CANNOT wait.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxbai View Post
that doesn't matter. it's an useless upgrade on these assassins. you basically do your burst and watch as it slowly ticks for 1-2 damage b/c they are low. i would rather put my gold even at 6 items w/ a haunting guise into double pots + oracles than upgrading haunting guise. the upgrade is THAT useless on assassins.
In that case I still do not see a reason to complain - the change to penetration calculations applies to void staff as well.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Pony View Post
How about if meta tries to evolve and look for another solution instead of crying "oh noes! this is not meta! this makes meta useless! please change it!"
the meta will just be 1 cc tank jungler, 2 champions that can abuse black cleaver, an AD carry (probably one that can abuse black cleaver the most), and a support

NotBuzzJack

12-08-2012

But but...I have so much fun instakilling Nidalees in ARAM as Talon.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
In that case I still do not see a reason to complain - the change to penetration calculations applies to void staff as well.
i don't think you understand what i'm saying. prepatch, the only cost effective ways to build MR were 1) aegis on the jungler, 2) negatron, 3) GA (barely any). you won't see any of these items during mid game except for maybe the aegis. this was what made the AP assassins so strong. now they can't do true damage mid game. they can't snowball off of midgame as well as before. endgame they are actually worse off because of bulwark, even with the new penetration system.

i don't get the whole "black cleaver makes some assassins viable so it's ok" argument. TONS of assassins were played. the two top teams at IPL5 (WE and Fnatic) as well as M5 had strategies that revolved around assassins. what more do you want?

Scarlet Wrath

12-09-2012

Its not that bad stop freaking out.

Drukyul

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightSiren View Post
the current state of Black Cleaver has COMPLETELY destroyed the meta for people that actually enjoy playing by the meta
This has to be the absolute worst reason to nerf BC. If anything, it's a reason not to.

kthnxbai

Recruiter

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Wrath View Post
Its not that bad stop freaking out.
it IS that bad. you even abuse it yourself

Lethminite

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistallion View Post
season 2: a greatly refined game
season 3: a complete mess, not even fun
It's not season three yet, it's PRE-season 3, thus they made crazy changes and havnt had time to refine them yet.
Give them 3 balance patches to calm things down and then compare the 2.

PandaCodeRed

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Pony View Post
How about if meta tries to evolve and look for another solution instead of crying "oh noes! this is not meta! this makes meta useless! please change it!"

There are champs that like to stack armor malphite and rammus, yet even if they stack armor and hp they are basically still being dealt true damage. That isn't good when the champions that are meant to counter the ad bruisers can't do anything about it.

Commander Pony

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxbai View Post
the meta will just be 1 cc tank jungler, 2 champions that can abuse black cleaver, an AD carry (probably one that can abuse black cleaver the most), and a support
And again we hit a stalemate with the social contract that LoL is, if that is the fate of meta, then it would work for both sides, not very different from having one team fed and the other one losing.