Should we really be Perma-banning players like this?

No, players that overreact just need a time out. 8 34.78%
No, these players should't be banned at all 3 13.04%
Yes, OMG they hurt my feelings, Remove them from my noob life (LoL!) 0 0%
Yes, they deserve it. I don't care if they are good. They need to stop being "rude" 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

A serious review of bans

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
Can I just say. I played WoW. When it started. Literally tried my hardest to get into beta on my little **** comp and missed it. The day it launched I was in that game.
That community was the same. The difference was that it was pay to play. This meant that people who played were at least moderately serious about playing. So when they started they made an effort to play the game correctly. In this game. People just play to play. They do not care about how the game is supposed to be played they are just looking to past the time. This is why I made this thread. I am a serious gamer with a bad attitude. And I would much rather play against a million of myselfs and put up with the bad attitude than play with a single "casual" gamer that refuses to learn a game properly.
Then go play a different game that has a community full of tryhards like yourself.

Why is it that just because you consider yourself a "serious gamer," that all of the sudden an entire gaming community has to bend to your idea of how to play the game? Wouldn't it be riducuously easier for you to just go find yourself another game that does have a community more suited to your own desires?


Jesus, I miss the days of playing games for their enjoyment and entertainment value...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
The only problem I have is Riot. Sweeping through with the ban hammer acting like they know all. When they don't. Quite honestly... most of Riot staff has accounts under 1500 Elo and it's probably because they like to play AP soraka support and steal all the CS by spamming her Q.
What does this have to do with not being a jerk and making the gaming experience unenjoyable for your teammates?


And by the way, http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23979464
1037 Elo. So you're right there in that sub-1500 Elo region where you claim all the Riot staff seem to be since they're all so bad at the game per your estimation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
You loose 18% more games where people are abusing other players.... because people abuse other players that can't play the game right.
If you truly think this is the case, I'd suggest you read some Psychology books. Magnificent stuff can be learned from it.
The influence of team morale and teamwork is often underestimated.

EDIT: Pogo Pogo did a far better job than me. Read his post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
If you truly think this is the case, I'd suggest you read some Psychology books. Magnificent stuff can be learned from it.
The influence of team morale and teamwork is often underestimated.
Actually, I can't say that BlazzedTroll is 100% wrong here. He's not 100% right either.

If the Riot statistic is right, in that teams that feature verbal abuse have an 18% lower win rate than teams that don't, I think it'd be wrong to assume that all of that 18% is explained by one thing or the other.

There is no doubt in my mind that verbal abuse is horrendous for moral and teamwork. Simply having a positive attitude and encouraging players that are struggling (rather than harassing them) can sometimes be all it takes to turn a match around into a victory. And even if it's not, even if you still lose, the game is a more enjoyable experience.

But at the same time, I KNOW that people like BlazzedTroll are far more prone to raging at teammates that they perceive to be playing poorly. That is to say, with BlazzedTroll, and some set of the ragers, they are perfectly fine when all of their team is playing well (surprisingly, this isn't always true--some people rage even when their team is crushing the enemy), but when someone starts to play slightly bad, they'll start to rage.

The problem, however, BlazzedTroll, is that the rage tends to begin before the game is lost. And let me be clear, the rage is NEVER justified, it should ALWAYS be reported and it should ALWAYS be punished by the Tribunal. I just explained that even if you lose anyway, the game is more enjoyable when your team isn't raging.

But my point is this: sometimes the rage causes the loss. Sometimes the loss causes the rage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Hmmm... everyone who is getting on me for "raging" at other players, is coming on here and "raging" at me.

This is quite fun indeed. I knew this is how this post would go.

I like that someone posted my ****ing stats on here. Dude, I don't play ranked? You see tat 7win/8loss... thats ****ing 15 games. THAT IS WHY I POSTED THIS!!?!?!

ROFL. I can't play ranked anymore because their are just so many people that leave games early, feed hard, don't know how to play any other roles than SOLO MID!!!.

O well... haters gonna hate. Go play Dora if you are looking to have fun. Why even play a game if you don't play to win? What is this? I guess I missed the part where someone said loosing every game because you don't know what the **** is happening. Ignorance is Bliss right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mambawarrior0

Senior Member

12-09-2012

That poll is totally unbiased


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
trolololol amirite
So, basically..

League of Legends is not a game designed with the idea of having fun in mind.
League of Legends is a game designed with the idea of winning in mind.

If you want to play a game for fun, go play something else. You should only be playing League of Legends if you only care about winning.



Look bud, you're wrong. Period. Winning is fun, and winning is important. But winning is not more important then having fun. And just because you don't like the way someone else is playing (especially in normals) doesn't mean you have the right to rage at them and destroy their fun.

I mean, by god. You say you're NOT a casual game and that you play for serious, yet you play normals, not ranked? Are you kidding me?

Hmm.




10/10.
Very good troll thread sir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bergtau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-09-2012

I don't need to read anything but the poll options.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

horror5how

Senior Member

12-09-2012

That's a good point about psychology and playing LoL. I've been curious about this myself, why do people really play this game?

If we were to approach LoL from Blazzed's 'rational' perspective, then the reason to play LoL is to WIN! This should be the prime motivation to play any game really. Why would you play a game and not make every effort to win? In LoL, the objective is to destroy the other team's nexus or get the other team to surrender, so if you were playing rationally, every bit of your energy should be focused on accomplishing that goal.

BUT, people seem to make other in-game activities a priority. Some people are only concerned about their k/d/a ratio. They would rather go 21/1/3 and lose the game than 2/21/3 and win the game because it makes them feel good about themselves. Doesn't make sense from the overall objective point of view, but it's best for them in the short term. For other people, what makes them feel best is to point out other people's perceived mistakes, even though they ignore all the flaws in their own play. Again, they'd rather berate others and lose than not berate and win. Doesn't make sense rationally, but that's how it is.

Now, here's the real mind-**** (and directed at you Blazzed, if you're still reading). I'm assuming that your goal in every game of LoL is to win, correct? (since you're a hard-core, serious gamer). Ergo, if you were acting in accordance with this goal, you should make every choice, to the best of your ability, to work towards that goal. [Sub-premise: You can only control your own actions in-game, not the actions of others.] Therefore, if you really want to win, shouldn't you simply do your best every game, and not take it upon yourself to troll your teammates since it makes them play worse than they already are? Making your teammates play worse detracts from your overall goal, which is winning.

So I think it's fine that you troll. It's against the rules of the land here, but I don't mind that much. Just be clear on what your motivations are and what your goals are. If your goal is to win, then trolling won't get you closer. If your goal is to take self-satisfaction in trolling, then you're well on pace!


123