The Tribunal and False-Reporting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jkgaspar4994

12-09-2012

I have recently been reading several posts on the forums about Tribunal punishments and, in most cases, I have agreed with the OP that they were not in violation of the summoner's code and the reports did not agree with the presented data.

Because of this, I went into the tribunal myself (which I have not done since about ~2 months after the Tribunal beta), and I read through 4 cases. Of those 4 cases, I pardoned 3. The majority of the reports I saw were either false reports or inconsistent with presented information (for example, the enemy team reporting offensive language when the player never once used all chat). Of the cases I pardoned (I spent about 5+ minutes on each case studying the data), I'm sure I will be incorrect on all 3. The toxic environment of the players judging the Tribunal is worse than the actual offenses.

Riot, there is a serious problem with the Tribunal and the report system as a whole. I have never once been in the Tribunal myself, but I pity those that have been. It is a toxic service that does not positively impact this game in at least 50% of cases.

EDIT: This is the kind of case where I see a problem with the Tribunal. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2865799

jkgaspar4994

12-09-2012

bump for justice

Norwenna

12-09-2012

i agree tribunal is stupid

mambawarrior0

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercenary508 View Post
Of the cases I pardoned (I spent about 5+ minutes on each case studying the data), I'm sure I will be incorrect on all 3.
So you didn't even get the results back and you are already complaining about the verdict being false?
What?

Great Pyrenees

12-09-2012

The tribunal is exactly what LoL needs. Riot cares about the community and is constantly working to improve how the tribunal works. You are entitled to your opinion and we appreciate you taking the time to vote on cases. Have a good day =)

jkgaspar4994

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
So you didn't even get the results back and you are already complaining about the verdict being false?
What?

I'm making an assumption, yes, but I'm sure its fairly accurate. I've seen way too many people get punished that didn't deserve it.

Norwenna

12-09-2012

no it not, i prefer playing with those people who talk **** and mute them than losing my honor for no reason

jkgaspar4994

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
The tribunal is exactly what LoL needs. Riot cares about the community and is constantly working to improve how the tribunal works. You are entitled to your opinion and we appreciate you taking the time to vote on cases. Have a good day =)

Isn't the purpose of a forum to share your opinion? I definitely believe that the Tribunal needs to be improved. If that includes reverting to only allowing lvl30+ to vote, allowing appeals to be re-reviewed by the Tribunal, and other improvements, I would be much happier.

ClearSkyss

12-09-2012

Tribunal is uber sht down with nerds!

ValorAndGlory

12-09-2012

Here is the problem with saying that someone is or isn't guilty off of what THEY give you, they don't tell you how many times before then that they have been banned and of course if they are a troll they are going to want to try to get back on so they can continue to be a troll/toxic player.

Also you can't be Permabaned unless you have been banned at least, I think it is a minim of, 3 times before and in short order of each.