(Map Concept) 3 team battlefield 5v5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracoum

Recruiter

01-18-2013

I don't think so. Trumpet Timex has been unable to get access to an internet connection. In a couple days though, we will all be back where we can access the forums whenever needed.

Dracoum

Recruiter

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoglover1233 View Post
if this map became a map twisted treeline would have one less person constantly playing it !
and also i support the minion splitting concept except it could benefit 2 teams for killing one inhib so we might have to get rid of inhibs entirely and just put tanky things that the minions have to destroy and only the minions can destroy them not champs, and the post that suggested you get super minions until your inhibs destroyed its still the same concept one inhib destroyed 2 teams benefit, another thing we could do is have 2 seperate turrets and inhibs that can only be destroyed by their proper teams the turrets can hit both teams though, we could maybe even have the teir 1 turret be 2 turrets side by side and again can only be destryed by their proper teams but youd have to debuff their damage by half until one turret is destoryed then they have normal damage. this would be terribly hard to balance but its possible ill constantly look on this post and ill try to give suggestions about balances.
I like the idea of the things that only minions can destroy, because it makes pushing more difficult, because both players are interested in the survivability of their minions, while still focusing on being able to farm off of them. And I also believe you have some pretty interesting ideas about balancing the teams. Good Post!

pumpikin

Recruiter

01-19-2013

What if the map had walls that moved, were destructible, or were sealed unless a condition was met (either time or a pressure plate sort of thing, where a Champion Must stand in order for the wall to remain open)?

Sariphere

01-19-2013

That big middle space should be the location of a Baron-type buff. Spawns after X amount of time, encourages strategy etc. to obtain. I think it makes sense because it's in the middle of the jungle area in a way.
So you know, this maps Baron/Dragon/Vilemaw/Stormshield.

I really like the idea, I've always wanted to play a three team game!

Trumpet Timex

01-28-2013

Sorry for the wait guys, between homework (and lack of internet) It's been very difficult to upload an updated map. Re-doing the jungle was pretty time consuming too, but I think I have a jungle that works.

I wanted to put the jungle up so you all know that I haven't abandon the forums. I haven't finished the monster camps yet, but they should be in my next update.

I've re-done the map by popular vote. Not many people liked the mid lane, so I've replaced it with more jungle by popular demand. Most people wanted me to have an Epic Boss Monster to, so I went ahead and put one in. I must admit, I like this design better. Thank you to everybody who recommended more jungle, because this is truly a jungler's paradise now.

I'm going to try to keep up with the map, and continue to add everyone's ideas to the map so that we all a unified opinion of what we want in a new map. I understand It's a long shot, and this concept is still in it's infancy, but who's to say we won't be playing this map in a later season.

Again, tell me what you like and dislike about the map and I will change it accordingly. If everyone wants me to put in the 3 gold points around the map again, let me know. otherwise, they're out. All comments, notes, points, and even flaws are welcomed. If you hate the concept, go ahead and say it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and It gives me a sense of how popular (or unpopular) the map really is. I politely ask that you do not put down those of us who actually like the map.

Gwendolem

02-01-2013

This Thread needs a bump. I really want this idea to go through.

thedoglover1233

02-03-2013

so no mid lane would it be 4v4v4 instead then? and youd need to nerf any aoe considered ability because brand would win every teamfight and eve could get a sheild so big

nahash117

Recruiter

02-17-2013

bump

Atazian

02-25-2013

INTRO:
Hello everybody, this is my first time posting on a forum so if there is anything I need to improve, (etiquette, quantity of TL;DRs, what have you), then I would happily accept criticism. Otherwise, what are your thoughts on a (3v3v3/4v4v4) map? details below:

BASIC RULINGS:
So this map is basically what I said before, a 3v3v3. My ideas for colors are blue, purple, and green, but these can be changed. The map will have a central nexus, with three lanes shooting out to each base. Yes, DIRECTLY to each base. The lanes will have hostile (to all teams) minions and turrets that are protecting the Nexus.

Each base will also have its own minions to fight off the Central Nexus minions. On top of that, each base will not be protected with turrets (as there is nothing to defend there) but rather a giant laser as seen on all previous base platforms to destroy all of those not welcome. (Minions, Enemies, Amumu, etc.)

So what's the deal Atazian? This just seems like a base-race to me!

NO, there is a twist.

THE TWIST:
Between each enemy base, there is a jungle of some size (I'm not sure if it should be big or small). Inside each of the three jungles, there will be one Dominion-like Alter. WOAH.
One must destroy all of the turrets in their lane, the inhibitor at the end of it, and must control two of the three alters to start attacking the nexus.

THE "I know what you are thinking":
I know what you are thinking, "But this will take forever, while destroying the nexus, someone could just steal your alters leaving you sad and lonely, and then the Nexus will start regenerating." - YOU.

SOLUTION:
The Nexus has three health bars, one for each team to chip away at. AND the health bars on the nexus do not regenerate.

ADDITIONAL:
Baron Nashor, or a similar boss would not work in this case because the buff would either have to make you strong enough to fight twice as many people as you have, or the other teams would crush you immediately in a defensive pact. So, there would be only red buff and blue buff (three of each).

The general team composition of a 3v3v3 would be one jungler (going AP or AD), a support (preferably a Tank), and a Carry (AP or AD, opposite of the jungler).
The only difference between this and a 4v4v4 is you could possibly have a support/jungle/tank,. And a more legitimate support for your Carry, in-lane.

Anyway, thank you for listening everybody. If I posted this on the wrong thread, sorry.
If anyone wants me to make a picture of the map, just show me where I can get the program to do so.

~Atazian

Trumpet Timex

03-20-2013

Sorry for the wait guys, I'm a lazy jerk is all. After I updated the map, the file was to big to go in the forums (even after I compressed it it with WinRar).

Formalities aside, here is the most recent model of our map, 3.2. Any suggestions are welcome, as well as constructive criticisms. I took out the mid lane and added more jungle and haphazard obstacles. I went ahead and added bushes and camps, as well as tweaked the old layout. Areas are more spacious and efficient, while leaving lanes riskier to push.

This is the biggest change... the inhibitors have been moved more centralized in each base. This allows for more room overall in the base, and makes it easier to jump in and out of the enemy base. The inner turrets (not the nexus turrets) still have to be destroyed in order to destroy their corresponding inhibitor.

Comment and don't be afraid to voice your input. Recommendations for bushes, camps, layouts, and tactics are always welcome.
P.S. Sorry for the bad Quality picture, I'll find some way to fix it.