Hybrid Akali :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armageddal

12-07-2012

The changes to Guinsoo's Rageblade have, in my humble opinion, made Hybrid Akali pretty darn awesome. If you take a build that goes something like this:

Sorceror's Shoes (Furor)
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Hextech Gunblade
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Rabadon's Deathcap
Liandry's Torment

You end up with approximately 42% spell vamp (52 if you keep Enrage from the rageblade active almost 24/7), (10% lifesteal), ~500 AP, ~200 AD (+~88% bonus magic damage on-hit), reasonable attack speed, and lots of health. Combined with Akali's huge damage output and short cooldowns, you will be very difficult to kill unless caught and focused. You might want to swap the Torment for a defensive item if you want some late-game presence besides a nuker though.

Just thought I'd throw this out there .

Brumak4eva

12-07-2012

I was bursted pretty bad by an Akali a few matches ago. I won mid pretty easily, too, but once she had built Hextech and Guinsoo, she was pumping out some massive damage.

blitzen

12-08-2012

i tried your build last game and went 19/6/8

I have mix feeling about the guinsoo's. I can not decide if its worth not getting lich bane. I did notice that I was able burst Cho much better then before though. Do you think lich would be a better build to include instead of Liandry's? I'm going to have to test it out.

Alithalor

12-08-2012

If you are taking advantage of Rageblade's SV/LS Boon you aren't killing fast enough quite honestly. Akali isn't meant to slug it out. She is meant to jump in burst someone down and jump out. Though Rage has always been an okay item on Akali. It does allow her to Push a bit easier but I wouldn't get it until after Lich, RCS, Deathcap and Revolver.

blitzen

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alithalor View Post
If you are taking advantage of Rageblade's SV/LS Boon you aren't killing fast enough quite honestly. Akali isn't meant to slug it out. She is meant to jump in burst someone down and jump out. Though Rage has always been an okay item on Akali. It does allow her to Push a bit easier but I wouldn't get it until after Lich, RCS, Deathcap and Revolver.
Thats what i meant. I can't seem to justify getting Guinsoo's before Lich and DC. Tried it twice now in this item order:

1st game: same build order as op suggested.
2nd game: Boots + 3 pots - Hex Revolver - Sorc Shoe's - Guinsoo's - RCS - game didn't last long enough to get DC.

In second game with the boons from Guinsoo's my mid game burst were not as good. I am thinking it should be bought after Lich RCS and DC. or if ur doing really well, then Lich DC then Guinsoo's and get RCS last.

Fir Bholg

12-09-2012

well when i was akali i built a warmogs and a bloodthirster so i coudl stay mid 4ever because i rlly went down on health a lot. and i went like 15:1 ahahaa XD