Black Cleaver is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaz5

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrojefe View Post
Try it out and you will see the stupid amount of burst you end up with.
I have tried it and it still seems silly, you would get more armor pen and damage from building a black cleaver and a last whisper (followed by normal items like infinity edge and ghostblade) than you would just stacking black cleavers

H0p0nP0p

12-09-2012

Bc stacking is just trolling fun. Kinda like fiora and 6 tiamat in s2. Just do it for the luls

axesandspears

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p0nP0p View Post
Bc stacking is just trolling fun. Kinda like fiora and 6 tiamat in s2. Just do it for the luls
Tiamat, Bloodthirster, Archangel's Staff, and Deathcap stacking were all bad because they left you very squishy, and the builds lacked other stats that you needed.

Some champions can rely on ad and cooldown reduction without crit or attack speed for their damage, and health-stacking is only bad when you sacrifice other stats you need to build it. This particular case does not share those kinds of drawbacks.

Mathemagically

12-10-2012

It needs to be unique and the shred needs to be penetration. Change it to penetration and the tank will be tanky to everyone except the one that is stacking shred.

Or, make it not trigger on autoattacks to make it more exclusive for AD casters.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz5 View Post
I don't see why people are complaining about the passive not being unique, it still will only put up to 4 stacks on an enemy player from what I can see but will simply build those stacks faster with a second black cleaver. You would be better off with a last whisper as a second item
because the item as a whole is insanely overpowered. and with multiple black cleavers the armor reduction does stack it's jsut limited to 4 stacks meaning 30% armor off. having 30% armor reduction along with 60 armor pen and 200 ad is borderline op, not to mention the item also grants a healthy amount of hp.

TealNinje

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
because the item as a whole is insanely overpowered. and with multiple black cleavers the armor reduction does stack it's jsut limited to 4 stacks meaning 30% armor off. having 30% armor reduction along with 60 armor pen and 200 ad is borderline op, not to mention the item also grants a healthy amount of hp.
I have yet to see ANY math for "Black Cleaver is overpowered."

Frozen Heart, even with the nerf, still provides a net gain of armor against 60 armor pen flat and 30% armor pen.

90 - 27 = 63. You gained 3 armor, if this was your ONLY armor item. Add in a Randuin's Omen, and you're gaining a decent chunk of heath with more armor. Combined they even slow an enemy's attack speed by 36%, meaning improved damage reduction. Suddenly, you're not doing so badly in the survival department, and this even opens you up for Atma's Impaler, which is MORE armor. Throw on a Frozen Mallet for more health and a perma-slow, and you're golden.

Much Name Woww

12-11-2012

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/159111#history
proof in the words. Nuff said.

Meltoria

12-11-2012

I agree with OP, plain and simple. Alright so last game fighting a talon and Garen who spammed BT's, it's ridiculous, I worked it out even with the 170 armour I was rocking the endgame talon with his 3 BT's and a last whisper would have me at 37.875 amour, and if he had ArPen Runes and Masteries I would have had under 12 armour. Not the mention the fact that there were rocking around 3k health him and garen so they weren't exactly easy to burst either.

Dragonsbaine

12-11-2012

try learning how to counter it, or how to focus on the ones that take it. Tell ya what, i use it, and i get it used on me. The fact that I know to watch who is attacking me and what items they got is smart gameplay. So tired of people thinking 1 build will work all the time... Builds are meant to be situational. In many ways, item builds are the part of this game that is most like Chess. You have to think ahead, watch your opponents moves, and counter them. It's one reason I'm getting so sick of people in TT freaking out if their team doesn't have a tank. You don't always need a tank. Especially if you know how to counter build. So learn all the items your champ can utilize, and never commit to 1 exact build.

Nea De Penserhir

12-11-2012

I wouldn't say the item is overpowered. There are just certain champions who can abuse every single stat it offers, and because the stats aren't unique, it just stacks upon itself. So if you're a-

AD oriented champion that is based around abilities with natural defense steroids, there's almost zero reason not to build at least one, maybe two, before moving on to other items. Hell, if you're really fed, maybe three and a last whisper for luls.