Old Gunblade or BC?

Old Hextech Gunblade 4 57.14%
New Black Cleaver 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Gunblade or Current Black Cleaver?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FalconPawwwwnch

12-11-2012

Honestly, to all you that played since season 2 started, what item was (is) more broken? Pre nerf Hextech Gunblade or the reworked black cleaver.

67chrome

12-11-2012

I'd say Gunblade.

As long as you can deal an equal amount of damage to what you take in, Life Steal and Spell Vamp scale exponentially - eventually reaching the point were you gain an effective 100% damage reduction (as long as you can keep attacking/casting anyways). And on champions with innate sustain you didn't even need 100% to reach 100% damage reduction.

CDR scales exponentially under all circumstances, but has a cap. Other than that Black Cleaver just offers a lot of desirable stats in one place without any dissuading factors for stacking it. I'd say the armor penetration changes and fact there is an AD item that has no wasted stats for burst AD champions has more to do with Black Cleaver seeming overpowered than anything else - along with no really solid bonuses to armor penetration and CDR outside of it for most AD champions, at least the bursty ones that don't give you any time to react.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Old Gunblade was pretty damn broken, considering that a pure AD champion could still have a cost-efficient item despite the AP (and if they had any AP scaling, then it wasn't wasted).

New Cleaver...eh, it's broken in the sense that they forgot the Unique tags, but I've never really seen stacking Cleavers get anyone anywhere unless their opponents were stacking more Armor than HP.