Season 3 OP Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lastchancexi

12-07-2012

Black Cleaver
%Arm Pen stacks amazing well with Flat Arm Pen. Talon is now the best champion in the game, according to LolKing, and this item and the penetration changes are the only reason why.

Liandry's Torment
Guise was already a very strong item, as people were realizing that MPen was better than AP on a lot of champions, especially tanky ones that didn't have great AP ratios. This guy is like Super-Guise. Everyone who builds Guise wants this even more, and this allows guys like Rumble or Evelynn to start dominating.

Runaan's Hurricane
While the AD on the extra bolts is halved, on-hit effects are not. So let's combine this item with Teemo, or Kog'Maw, and suddenly a weak or niche champion becomes a big, big problem.

Sightstone
HoG was good on almost every top laner, jungler, and support. Sightstone is even better. Of course, with top laners becoming less tanky and more damage, Sightstone is a little weaker there. But in the end, everyone should buy wards. And with this item, only the support should buy wards, everyone else should buy Sightstone.

Togekiss24

12-07-2012

I remember facing a Garen in Twisted Treeline that got the new Black Cleaver. Does the armor pen proc with DOT moves like his spin? Because in that game he killed everyone seconds flat by himself.

Trinitati1996

Recruiter

12-08-2012

garen's spin ticks every 0.5 second, which means it will trigger the black cleaver 6 times

Better buy garen now

Uncanny Doom

12-08-2012

Black Cleaver is definitely the most noticeable one. I just can't wrap my head around how tanking in the game is supposed to work when that item exists. I've seen meta teams dominate in laning phase but get rocked in team fights once one person on the other team got a Black Cleaver because teams no longer have to worry about who they're focusing as long as they're hitting the guy that Black Cleaver is hitting.

ReMeDyIII

12-08-2012

I'm surprised you didn't mention Teemo on Liandry's Torment. Teemo is practically the poster child (yordle?) for how broken Liandry's Torment is. First, his mushrooms result in movement impairment, so he gets the double bonus. Second, because his mushrooms deal ticking dmg, it keeps resetting Liandry's timer. Rinse and repeat for every mushroom tripped. Pair him with Rylai's to extend the mushroom's movement speed debuff and its even more ridiculous.

The scary part is Haunting Guise is cheap, so Teemo doesn't fall off early by rushing it, and then rushing Liandry's.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I wasnt very impressed with the hurricane. It seems to have krappy range so doesn't proc a lot of the time. Onhit builds suck, and moreso thanks to AS nerfs and AD buffs indirectly so I just dont see this becoming popular.

Maybe after someone has their IE/PD/BT they might take a hurricane for more AoE damage. But I tried Kog in dominion onhit and he no longer seems to ramp up quickly on the damage, vs an AD build.

lastchancexi

12-08-2012

I was wrong about Hurricane. It is not OP. I will replace it with Super-Aegis (Runic Bulwark), which is kind of OP, though not as OP as S2 Aegis was.

And as for Teemo and Liandry's, I didn't realize. But yes, Liandry's is OP on a lot of champions.