Would you like to see {Role Selection} added into League Queuing.

No, I Like The System The Way It Is. 5 25.00%
Yes, I Would Like To Be Able To Select My Role Before Being Placed Into A Match. 15 75.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

{Role-Selected Queue's} Solution to Less Trolling.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiP Achilles

08-31-2013

This Thread is about an Idea to add an option to select a Roll when you Queue for a Match.

This would give the player a chance to select what position they would like to play previous to the Selection Screen so that no one has to fight for their preferred position.

In Theory this would avoid Players getting into a dispute on who should have what position and someone deciding to throw a game and/or Trolling the same Position.(I.E. 2 or more ADCs or dual mid.)

The Idea is Roughly this:
Summoner's Rift 5v5 - Solo/Duo Queue - Select Roll:
>Top
>Mid
>Adc
>Supp
>Jung
>Fill

After Selecting a roll when a player joins into a Match their Champion Selection Square will have their selected roll Easily Visible showing what that Summoner will be playing that game.

I know that this is still susceptible to Trolling where someone could select >Supp and choose an >Adc Champion anyway, but I feel like this would stop people who wouldn't normally Troll from getting Angry about being forced into a Roll they wouldn't normally play, and taking it out on the Team.

Summoners who constantly insist on, for example, Selecting >Supp and choosing an >Adc Champion, should be more susceptible to a Ban.

Enforcing a "Meta" is not always a bad thing, Games like World Of Warcraft enforce a specific Tank/Damage/Support system and they have been successful for a very long time.

This System would not Necessarily enforce a "Meta" but would be a Guideline to Proper Team Structure, and does not force a Specific Champion Attribute Type.

Thank You For Viewing My Thread, Please Comment Below and Vote in the Poll =)

RiP Meng Huo

08-31-2013

+1 I think this would make queuing a lot less stressful, I can't explain how many Ranked matches I've lost because I've been forced into a lane I'm not good at playing

Cybourg Roku

08-31-2013

This would help some much.
I say yes.

Friskeybone

08-31-2013

Bumped because I totally agree with this concept. Just this one fix would solve a major issue for people queuing with a main role and not being able to play it.

The5lacker

08-31-2013

...You do realize that this would have to either ENORMOUSLY stagnate the meta or would be even MORE vulnerable to trolling, right?

Thrisel

08-31-2013

While this sounds like a great concept, it would prevent the meta from ever changing. It would lock meta as what it is right now. There are many "roles" that do not fit the meta. New strategies would never surface. Maybe a year from now there will be 3 solo lanes and 2 roaming champions per team who knows!

This is also what the post above me is saying...those who are down voting really thing about it. The meta a long time ago used to be to have an ADC in the mid lane.

Hallagenic

08-31-2013

Also, another thing to note is that how many games do you have someone who actually wants to play support. It is a role that is considered necessary in the meta but most people don't play due to how passive it is.

If you required there to be a support role filled you might drastically lengthen Que times over what they already are. May not be terrible but you would likely have to give incentive playing support, much like the LFG system in WOW gives incentives to tanks/healers with extra rewards.. in LOLs' case it would be more IP win or loose.

The5lacker

08-31-2013

Wow, apparently I'm never pointing out the obvious without explaining to people why again.

Scenario one: Troll selects Support as his role, and chooses, I don't know, Mordekaiser, steals all of the carry's farm and feeds the enemy team like mad. Troll wins.

Scenario two: Riot decides that only champions of the correct "tags" are allowed to be chosen with their roles. Metagame stagnates as no new strategies are allowed to be tried. No top Quinn, no support Zyra, no jungle Shen. Stale metagame gets boring, people leave. Trolls, again, don't give a **** and continue feeding and trolling like they always do. Troll wins.

Scenario three: Trolls miraculously disappear for no reason. Queue times are still increased by a good 3-4 minutes. People get impatient and leave game along with the trolls.

Friskeybone

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
...You do realize that this would have to either ENORMOUSLY stagnate the meta or would be even MORE vulnerable to trolling, right?
I would agree with you only when it comes to normal blind q's. The reason being is that many people do not care about normal blinds because they are trying new champs out or just playing for fun. There is not that much to gain for them except for that. On the Other hand, implementing this to a ranked match Que would make it better in many ways:
1. Players would not have to wait to get on the champion select screen to copy/paste or quicky type a role before other players. Not all players play this game in all roles to fill so they would be forced play a role they are not comfortable at, resulting in a possible loss already for the team.

2. Depending on the pick order that you are given on the champion select screen, your call order may not even matter. Riots system atm makes it where your call order is up to your team to "honor" your wishes or not. So again adding this new role call system would prevent this from happening as well.

Now to your comment about the trolls. Yes this would not fix the trolls queuing into random rolls. But what is there to say that trolling doesn't happen all the time right now without a role check? They are going to do it anyway. People are free to do what they want, but if a troll is queuing into a ranked match they better think twice about it. Trolling q's into ranked matches already is not tolerable and they should reported and more susceptible to bans.

Also this can be added to normal drafts as well. Since normal drafts are more like practice for ranked matches with the champion selects and all. Thanks for reading my thoughts on this.

RiP Achilles

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Wow, apparently I'm never pointing out the obvious without explaining to people why again.

Scenario one: Troll selects Support as his role, and chooses, I don't know, Mordekaiser, steals all of the carry's farm and feeds the enemy team like mad. Troll wins.

Scenario two: Riot decides that only champions of the correct "tags" are allowed to be chosen with their roles. Metagame stagnates as no new strategies are allowed to be tried. No top Quinn, no support Zyra, no jungle Shen. Stale metagame gets boring, people leave. Trolls, again, don't give a **** and continue feeding and trolling like they always do. Troll wins.

Scenario three: Trolls miraculously disappear for no reason. Queue times are still increased by a good 3-4 minutes. People get impatient and leave game along with the trolls.

Bro... your first scenario is happening right now.
This solution would only make it so the people who really like to play support role characters can play with someone who likes to Adc, and so on.

It also causes the people who dont like to play support at all (and will pick Morde to troll the Adc) out of your match, causing you to be able to have a Smooth, Trolless game.

As far as I see.. this game has ALOT of trolls... any little thing they can put in to help keep them out of games with reasonable players, would be appreciated.

This is a game that relies HEAVY on teamwork, one weak link and your in a 20-60 minute loss. Something to help games happen smoothly should not be frowned upon.