Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] I find Vi's interaction with Jayce a bit disappointing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genhz

12-08-2012

Title.

I don't know if it's just me, but when a red say that she would have an interaction with Jayce I find it pretty cool, since I love Jayce, and I was really excited on his release because he shared the "Piltover theme" with Cait (another champ that I love).

But then, it appears that she only say something funny to him (and change the animation on her ult, don't really know about this one), meanwhile, she is related to lore with Cait, and even have a special taunt and secret buff. I know Jayce has already a relation with Viktor in his lore, but they don't really have a special interaction in-game (thing that already makes me sad).

I post this because I find, at least, "possible" to be real, it could be something really small, like a mention of him in her lore and share the special buff (or something like that). But, why? Well, I think small details like that are really well appreciated, and make the game pretty funny with it (She even say "Get dunked!" on her ult, that's PRETTY COOL). And of course, don't forget all the potential we have with this.

And finally, sorry if I bother someone with my crappy English, hope someone read this :P,

Misaka Worst

12-08-2012

Yeah, the only interaction she has with Jayce was when she ulted.
"Hey Jayce. POWERSLAM" - Vi

Kanderas

12-08-2012

Quote:
ChiefHaqua:
Yeah, the only interaction she has with Jayce was when she ulted.
"Hey Jayce. POWERSLAM" - Vi

Which is so lame because other champs are fully tailored to interact completely uniquely with every other champ.

Come on guys, they've already put more effort into it than most people care about so how about being appreciative of the love that they've given to lore wh0res instead of moaning about something the majority of players completely ignore.

Only a few other champions have one of those pointless buffs and AFAIK she's the first champ to have a champion specific voice dialogue on ability use so be grateful and let them spend their efforts on balancing her instead of wasting time on things that go largely unnoticed.

Axxlon

12-09-2012

Quote:
Kanderas:
Only a few other champions have one of those pointless buffs and AFAIK she's the first champ to have a champion specific voice dialogue on ability use so be grateful and let them spend their efforts on balancing her instead of wasting time on things that go largely unnoticed.

Uhh..

Graves throwing a Smoke Screen on Nocturne? "I got yer darkness right here."
TF throwing a gold card onto Graves? "Simmer down, hotshot."

LoLThatsNotFunny

12-09-2012

^ Graves and TF only interact with one champion each, but yeah.. she's not the first.. but she's definitely the first who get this much of interactions and I find all of them to be really awesome.
If I'm not mistaken, she's the only one who has a special /command interaction though.

Kanderas

12-09-2012

Quote:
Axxlon:
Uhh..

Graves throwing a Smoke Screen on Nocturne? "I got yer darkness right here."
TF throwing a gold card onto Graves? "Simmer down, hotshot."

The point is that she got more attention than most champs get for something that only a margin of the player base cares about.

Genhz

12-09-2012

I know they put more effort this time, but it's pretty lame that it's only with Cait, since Jayce was released months ago and he don't have any relation with Cait, even if she's the "Sheriff of Piltover" and Jayce is the "Hero of Piltover". Don't get me wrong, I love Vi interaction with Jayce, it's just that it could be much better, and I don't see a problem with it, she already have an interaction with him, so why not expand it?

About TF-Graves and Graves-Nocturne, well, Graves don't have any relation with Nocturne, still he has a special dialogue with him, but nothing with TF (still cool). TF and Graves known each and that's why he has a special dialogue when he throws Gold Card to him. But there's more, Volibear and Zilean are granted with a special icon, and if Voli slain the old man he say something to him.

But why I come with this? Well, Zilean and Volibear interaction is a joke from the forums, there's nothing in the lore or something that say they known each other, but still Voli say his name (you can say this could be canon, idk). Graves don't say anything about Nocturne, like they don't know each other and he just want to piss him off. TF say "Malcolm" to Graves, because they known each other.

And now, Vi says something to Jayce like she knows about him (come on, she say his name), but that's something random because the lore didn't hint that. So, that's why I say something "small", just a mention of him in the lore, and special icon/buff too. That's pretty simple, but if you see it's not even close to what she have with Cait (she has a special dialogue when Cait ult her, and it seems other special things too), I'm not requesting something like that, just "simple".

On another note, about "they should care more on balancing her", they will do it, I know she's strong, and that's why she was nerfed already, but since I don't know much about balance of the game, I can't suggest something about that, this is just my opinion about something else. And yes, maybe there aren't much people that care about this, but I find important things like splash art, design, voice, lore, etc. Hope someone else share my opinion too.

Sorry for the long post and crappy english again :P,