@Icosahedron or any other Riot QA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmperorJanos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Can you please explain why Xin Zhao's Q is a 0.2 modifier instead of the 1.2???

This was never announced and no one has replied to any post about it. If it was intentional why wasn't it announced, and most importantly, if not, why hasn't it been fixed?

I really would appreciate some clarification....

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

12-17-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Xin's Q is based off of his auto attacks. Each time he auto attacks his auto attacks gain base damage + .20% of his attack damage. Thus, his "ratio" on his Q is 1.2 + base damage.

This is different than him having a 2.20 + base damage ratio on his Q, that would be quite silly.

EmperorJanos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Thanks for replying Danamoth, the only problem is if you look at the patch notes, it clearly states that it is a 1.2 modifier in the patch notes.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/mid-july-patch-notes

So when he was first revamped, believe it or not his Q was base dmg + 120% attack dmg, now it is base dmg + 20% attack dmg. It was the first value, then sometime ago, I believe mid October or early November it was changed to the latter. I can understand if it was a mistake but still, the notes are the notes and it really was a 1.2 modifier.

Btw, I understand the math, and if what you say is correct, the 1.2 was intended to mean something entirely different then what was posted in the notes.

Mad Grey Wolf

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Xin's Q is based off of his auto attacks. Each time he auto attacks his auto attacks gain base damage + .20% of his attack damage. Thus, his "ratio" on his Q is 1.2 + base damage.

This is different than him having a 2.20 + base damage ratio on his Q, that would be quite silly.
Silly? No. Tons of Damage? Yes. Phreak would approve!

Xnot

12-17-2012

It was never 220% because it replaced your normal attack, they probably only changed the tooltip now because it was very misleading, like TF's W.

MandyMemory

12-17-2012

There's no difference between base damage + 1.2AD and base damage + autoattack + .2AD.