Why does the community hate solo mid Nami players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soviergn

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile Miku View Post
I have been playing AP Sona a few times in season 3 and i have been getting good results, think like a Leblanc with a heal and more utility, she can easily 100-0 a squishy with the new DFG
Obviously not optimal at all since her weaknesses are gaping in midlane, no lane clear and no way to get to that carry in the back of their team...but gosh it is so fun
oh yeah. AP sona is great lol. Getting hit by her Q and then the powerchord AA is harsh. But yeah. She scales well with AP. nami does not. nor does she have the amount of poke sona does.

RockLobster88

12-08-2012

While Nami can go solo lane mid, and do decently, there are far too many ways that things can go wrong for her to ever be viable there. She lacks burst, a key aspect of mid lane. She has great sustain, but can easily be bullied back by her long cooldowns and lack of good damage. She has great CC, but again, it's on a rather high cooldown.

It's like playing Lulu and Soraka mid. Sure, you can do it, and you might do fine, but there's a much higher chance that you won't do fine, and she does better when she has someone she can help.

ratcharmer

12-09-2012

The support role has very limited champions, so the community disapproves of having those few options taken away by other roles.

Also, from what I've heard (haven't tried it) taking Nami mid is just a bad idea in terms of win/loss ratio for your team.

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

12-09-2012

no minion clearing skill, forcing her to auto-attack to farm (which is sub-optimal)

flybye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by soviergn View Post
Low mana costs my ass. To have that sustain your talking about you have to spam your W and that will gaurentee your out of mana in no time, only slightly slower with blue. As for her Q doing alot of damage, good luck hitting anyone with any kind of awareness with it. Unless you severly lead them, or they AFK'ed, you wont hit a player with it. Even slowed a champ can almost walk all the way through the range of it. You cant 100-0 or even 50-0 anyone in the game, unless its sona. Pretty much any other AP mid is a superior choice.
EDIT: and lets not forget that nami's squishiness is right up there with Sonas. If you blow on her wrong she folds like a paper bag.
That's why you don't rely on W too much, do you see any AP mids using their other high mana cost spells to poke? No, same goes for Nami, only use it to heal yourself and hurt the enemy in a heavy exchange, to poke them Q is viable. If you think Q is that hard to hit, well I don't know what to say, I hit them quite a lot while anticipating enemy movement. It's the same as Anivia stun, how do people land those? They're easy to dodge, you just have to anticipate movement, it's a skillshot, the word itself is its own meaning. Plus with a little AP her Q can clear minion waves, and her E helps you last hit easily. I've played mid nami twice and carried both games haven't tried her anymore than that, so I'm still not dead set on her abilities as a mid lane champ, but from what I've played I've done fine, carried my team to victory, so what's the problem?

flybye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
ITT: A single normal game win as solo mid Nami proves her viability as a mid laner.

I won a normal game as duo jungle Annie (with a Poppy partner) once. This is a viable strategy that people should use more often, and I expect to see it in the next tournament. Anyone that disagrees is a mindless metasheep. Anyone that agrees is a brilliant, innovative individual.
I never claimed the latter, I just said it was viable from what I've seen and played, your forced sense of sarcastic humor there is quite cute though.

EnigmaticShark

12-09-2012

She has poor farming, and her AP ratios are lackluster.
She's weak in comparison to other AP mid champions while as a support she's on par with the others.

Minister of Pie

12-09-2012

She's a support. You may aswell be asking why people dont play Sona mid.

Kai The Exile

12-09-2012

as long as the nami players tells you in pre lobby and it is not ranked, then there is no problem. People need to calm down, it is fun at times to try to play champs in unconventionally.

When a champ comes out, that it the best time to play unconventionally because people haven't learned how to play against them.

All I care about is someone trying. If they are trying and not purposing trying to lose, I'll take that. Its better than the trolls who just rage and die on purpose.

Kurø

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
I don't think you guys understand, solo mid Nami is extremely strong. As a mid lane Janna player (I play supports as mid lane champs, who cares?) I find Nami to be the best mid lane support character there is. She has two skills to poke with, one of them giving you a 1.25 second stun and a heal. Her Q allows you to farm and clear minion waves or wolves/wraiths and it's also low on mana cost, high on CC and damage. You have a heal that allows you to heal yourself while damaging other(s)? That's amazing for a mid lane champ, and then you've got a skill that gives people bonus magic damage and a slow on hit effect, which you can use on your ganking jungler for movespeed buff + higher damage and slow even without red. And her ult, it does genuinely high damage with amazing CC, she's everything that a mid lane player would want. Low mana cost, high sustainability, good poke and CC, what's the big fuss about supports playing mid? I find every champion in this game to be versatile in what they do, I played Blitzcrank mid the other day and went 14/4/12, it all depends on whoever's playing, and who you're playing against. I found that Nami counters Eve quite well, I just annihilated a mid lane Eve out of her lane and went 7/1/11 to carry the other lane for a win.

The winner of the handicap olympics is still handicapped.

Mid Nami, and for that matter mid Janna, are bad picks. They are not viable except in VERY SPECIFIC team comps. Aka, they are not solo queue picks. If you do that with your arranged 5s team more power to you and I hope you do well. But if you do that in solo queue you're just holding your team back and setting your team up for a hard game where they have to carry you even harder than normal.

Your anecdotal evidence does nothing to support your claims. That evelynn was most likely bad as she should've easily won that lane. Midcrank can work as he is natively tanky and has close to the most CC in the game on a single character AS WELL AS burst damage.

Nami has 1 CC besides her ult. She has no burst damage at all, and barely any real damage that isn't minor harass. She cannot kill an enemy unless the enemy messes up really bad. Snowballing as nami is also rather pointless as you don't get that strong. You would be better off with diana, akali, orianna, swain, any other strong AP champ.

Mid janna used to be good before they nerfed her ratios. Now she doesn't have the damage to be a strong part of the team unless you're doing the 3 support + mundo and kog comp. But again any good midlaner will just destroy you in lane now.