Why does the community hate solo mid Nami players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flybye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I don't think you guys understand, solo mid Nami is extremely strong. As a mid lane Janna player (I play supports as mid lane champs, who cares?) I find Nami to be the best mid lane support character there is. She has two skills to poke with, one of them giving you a 1.25 second stun and a heal. Her Q allows you to farm and clear minion waves or wolves/wraiths and it's also low on mana cost, high on CC and damage. You have a heal that allows you to heal yourself while damaging other(s)? That's amazing for a mid lane champ, and then you've got a skill that gives people bonus magic damage and a slow on hit effect, which you can use on your ganking jungler for movespeed buff + higher damage and slow even without red. And her ult, it does genuinely high damage with amazing CC, she's everything that a mid lane player would want. Low mana cost, high sustainability, good poke and CC, what's the big fuss about supports playing mid? I find every champion in this game to be versatile in what they do, I played Blitzcrank mid the other day and went 14/4/12, it all depends on whoever's playing, and who you're playing against. I found that Nami counters Eve quite well, I just annihilated a mid lane Eve out of her lane and went 7/1/11 to carry the other lane for a win.

De Vandal

12-08-2012

Because she isn't a good mid. Pretty simple lol
Unless you enjoy getting blown to chunks trying to trade or anything
Why, why take her mid. That is the better question. Other people do it better

SlashingAxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Because compared to OTHER AP MIDS she isn't as good that's why many people get mad if they see mid Nami

FuriousLeftNut

12-08-2012

because she isn't release lulu

soviergn

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by an army of dudes View Post
I just don't get. What have we done to deserve all this hatred?
Whelp lets see. Even with five hundred AP and magic pen, her damage is underwhelming. You have to have five hundred AP just to get an extra hundred damage on her W or E. The only thing that scales even remotely decently is her ult. Nami mid is horrid right now due to her ratios. Pretty much every other mid out there will **** on her. I love Nami. But she doesn't have the damage or sustain to go mid successfully right now.

Séraphiel

12-08-2012

You put the answer in the title.

And it was K

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
I don't think you guys understand, solo mid Nami is extremely strong. As a mid lane Janna player (I play supports as mid lane champs, who cares?) I find Nami to be the best mid lane support character there is. She has two skills to poke with, one of them giving you a 1.25 second stun and a heal. Her Q allows you to farm and clear minion waves or wolves/wraiths and it's also low on mana cost, high on CC and damage. You have a heal that allows you to heal yourself while damaging other(s)? That's amazing for a mid lane champ, and then you've got a skill that gives people bonus magic damage and a slow on hit effect, which you can use on your ganking jungler for movespeed buff + higher damage and slow even without red. And her ult, it does genuinely high damage with amazing CC, she's everything that a mid lane player would want. Low mana cost, high sustainability, good poke and CC, what's the big fuss about supports playing mid? I find every champion in this game to be versatile in what they do, I played Blitzcrank mid the other day and went 14/4/12, it all depends on whoever's playing, and who you're playing against. I found that Nami counters Eve quite well, I just annihilated a mid lane Eve out of her lane and went 7/1/11 to carry the other lane for a win.

ITT: A single normal game win as solo mid Nami proves her viability as a mid laner.

I won a normal game as duo jungle Annie (with a Poppy partner) once. This is a viable strategy that people should use more often, and I expect to see it in the next tournament. Anyone that disagrees is a mindless metasheep. Anyone that agrees is a brilliant, innovative individual.

soviergn

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
Low mana costs my ass. To have that sustain your talking about you have to spam your W and that will gaurentee your out of mana in no time, only slightly slower with blue. As for her Q doing alot of damage, good luck hitting anyone with any kind of awareness with it. Unless you severly lead them, or they AFK'ed, you wont hit a player with it. Even slowed a champ can almost walk all the way through the range of it. You cant 100-0 or even 50-0 anyone in the game, unless its sona. Pretty much any other AP mid is a superior choice.
EDIT: and lets not forget that nami's squishiness is right up there with Sonas. If you blow on her wrong she folds like a paper bag.

Postal Miku

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by soviergn View Post
Low mana costs my ass. To have that sustain your talking about you have to spam your W and that will gaurentee your out of mana in no time, only slightly slower with blue. As for her Q doing alot of damage, good luck hitting anyone with any kind of awareness with it. Unless you severly lead them, or they AFK'ed, you wont hit a player with it. Even slowed a champ can almost walk all the way through the range of it. You cant 100-0 or even 50-0 anyone in the game, unless its sona. Pretty much any other AP mid is a superior choice.
EDIT: and lets not forget that nami's squishiness is right up there with Sonas. If you blow on her wrong she folds like a paper bag.
I have been playing AP Sona a few times in season 3 and i have been getting good results, think like a Leblanc with a heal and more utility, she can easily 100-0 a squishy with the new DFG
Obviously not optimal at all since her weaknesses are gaping in midlane, no lane clear and no way to get to that carry in the back of their team...but gosh it is so fun

Twillera

12-08-2012

Because her harass is terrible, most of her abilities work way better when supporting, she has no way to get kills, and 0 clear. Maybe there are worse mids, but she is a great support, so why take her in mid, where is is not as great, when you could take a powerful support.