"This Team"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverraptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

What is the deal with this phrase? I see it alot, both in games and tribunal, and always on the losing side. They say in all chat "This team", as if all the teammates are complete fail and they are pure pros. But on the otherhand, is that phrase punish worthy? Sure its implying a whole lot of bad things, but the person never actually says anything bad.

Anyone else encounter this?

Great Pyrenees

12-08-2012

That phrase alone is not punish worthy. Now if they said /all This team is soo bad MJ couldnt find them in a pajama party. Then yes you could report them ...

magooomba

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
What is the deal with this phrase? I see it alot, both in games and tribunal, and always on the losing side. They say in all chat "This team", as if all the teammates are complete fail and they are pure pros. But on the otherhand, is that phrase punish worthy? Sure its implying a whole lot of bad things, but the person never actually says anything bad.

Anyone else encounter this?
You would look to intent to derive what was meant based on the context. It really doesn't matter if they actually say anything "bad," it matters if they mean anything"bad". It's the same excuse people use when writing "g@y", claiming it merely means happy. While the word itself can have many meanings, you have to look at what the person intended to say.

As to this specific instance, clearly someone who writes this intends to call out the rest of his teammates while distancing himself from their perceived failures. If you think such an action is punishable, then punish. If not, pardon. But I would hesitate to have voters focus on the lack of what is said; rather, focus on the intent of what is said.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

12-08-2012

"This team" (or "this Vayne" or whatever) is an insult. It's not vulgar and it's not terribly offensive, but it is negative and is intended to bring someone down. Saying it in /all isn't an instant punish or anything but it does immediately get them on my bad side.

Me Chinese 051

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had0ken View Post
"This team" (or "this Vayne" or whatever) is an insult. It's not vulgar and it's not terribly offensive, but it is negative and is intended to bring someone down. Saying it in /all isn't an instant punish or anything but it does immediately get them on my bad side.
^

this is how the tribunal should be.

gg

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I'm with Had0ken on this one. It's not an autopunish, but it's definitely a red flag, since the type of attitude that prompts someone to say something like that is very likely going to result in them saying similar, perhaps more toxic, things.

goobergump

12-09-2012

The way I look at it, there is always going to be insults and back talking in the online gaming community. I try and pay attention to how repetitive the insults are, and how profane, derogative, and racist the summoner is being.

Saying "this team" doesn't really concern me.
Saying "this team is so [censored]" does, especially if it's consistent.