I really need help against Garen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephr0us

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuriken13 View Post
I usually rush Guinso's, then get boots, either tabi or murcury depending on the enemy team, Rylai's then frozen mallet, if the game isnt over by then I usually get Infinity Edge or something like that. I don't really know of any anti tank items except for madreds bloodrazor.
This won't help much against Garen, because he has so much magic resistance, but Akali is much better with ability power. All of her skills use it, and you never want to be autoattacking with akali. Jump into the fight, put all your skills on the weakest target, then put a shroud down and wait for your spells to cool down. then jump in again and deal some more damage. Trust me, an akali that auto-attacks is a dead akali. Get a rylai's and a Lich bane, then just stack AP.

Shashakiro

10-13-2010

In lane, try attacking/harrasing him after he spins, assuming he didn't spin on top of you. Before level 6, he's incapable of doing damage after spinning, and after level 6 he can only really threaten a low-HP opponent after spinning.

Don't expect to kill him a lot this way (he's hard to kill unless he fails at a tower dive or something), but it'll definitely help you survive--most Garen players will just retreat to their bush if at half health or lower, which means they're not spinning on you, which means you can kill creeps and get EXP.

Flying Onion

10-13-2010

Don't "face-check" the bushes, meaning, don't run into the bushes alone and blind. Scout bushes either with your abilities (Akali has her stealth ability, other champions typically use skillshots), by planting wards or using Clairvoiyance, or have a teammate backing you up if Garen is waiting there to pounce on you. This alone will cut your deaths by Garen to a third. He's still gonna be obnoxious and DEMACIAAA your ass, though, it's just how he rolls.