I really need help against Garen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shuriken13

10-11-2010

I've been playing Akali for about a week now and so far the only champion that I cannot do anything against is Garen. Any time we 1v1 I get killed because of his incredible damage and also his silence really hurts me. If I fight him in a team fight I always attack the more squishy champions (Ryze, Twitch, Soraka, etc.) And since Garen normally fills the tank roll he is last or next to last on my kill list. But even if my team has dropped him, or I manage to get him somewhere below half health he can just run away with the combination of his summoner abilities and his speed bonus from his Q ability. I have been adding Phage / Frozen Mallet to my build but it's still not enough once I run out of Essence of shadow, because I can only land 1 or 2 attacks before he is out of my range again. If there is some item combo or some tactic that is a Garen kryptonite please let me know.

P.S. Please don't reply if all you are going to say is "OMFG GAREN IS SOOOO OP. YOU CANT KILL HIM EVER CUZ HES JUST THAT OP OMG!!!11!1!!"

-Shuriken13

fooolishfool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

I don't think you are really meant to 1v1 Garen, especially as a champion built explicitly for destroying casters / squishy champions. You will need to, in general, rely on your team to deal with him, and in particular a physical dps champion with Maldred's Bloodrazor. On the other hand, there isn't a great deal a solo Garen can do to you if you don't go toe-to-toe with him.

Haxas

10-11-2010

DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You should really have more trouble one v one than just Garen.

Udyr and Mordekaiser should give you a run for your money.

Anyways, best advice is to avoid them. Run a ghost build and plop down your smoke bomb.

If you're looking to kill Garen, play kog or olaf or udyr.

SawerofBones

10-11-2010

The best tactic is to keep Garen suppressed through early ganks. If it's possible for your team to get him early it can really hurt his late game scaling.

But, like others have said, don't really worry about him. Be much more concerned about your own mobility in finding the right lane ganks.

Shuriken13

10-11-2010

Quote:
DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You should really have more trouble one v one than just Garen.

Udyr and Mordekaiser should give you a run for your money.

Anyways, best advice is to avoid them. Run a ghost build and plop down your smoke bomb.

If you're looking to kill Garen, play kog or olaf or udyr.
I've played against both Udyr and Morde and I can solo either of them around level 13. It's just Garen I have trouble with. I was really hoping for some kind of hidden gem to kill Garen but I shall take your advice and stay away from him 1v1.

Rhivath

10-11-2010

Don't 1v1 him.

If he runs away after a team fight, let him, and go take a turret or inhib, because he can't really do anything vs. a whole team by himself, you don't have to Ace a group to win the game

Loougle

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuriken13 View Post
I've played against both Udyr and Morde and I can solo either of them around level 13. It's just Garen I have trouble with. I was really hoping for some kind of hidden gem to kill Garen but I shall take your advice and stay away from him 1v1.
What's your item build? Are you getting anti-tank items?

That could be your secret gem.

Build your items around champions on the opposing team.

Jaxxex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Garen is stupid. Don't EVER one 1v1 a Garen. He'll just use his pro skills and spin, and DEMANCIA DEMANCIA, then execute you.

Shuriken13

10-12-2010

Quote:
What's your item build? Are you getting anti-tank items?

That could be your secret gem.

Build your items around champions on the opposing team.
I usually rush Guinso's, then get boots, either tabi or murcury depending on the enemy team, Rylai's then frozen mallet, if the game isnt over by then I usually get Infinity Edge or something like that. I don't really know of any anti tank items except for madreds bloodrazor.

IPlayWithSinged

10-12-2010

I'd like to say garen is very very hard to lane against as akali, for everyone. I think it'd be impossible if they were really good at him. I try to put my slow connecting to a bush(if your still in the middle of the lane) and I go into it, if he wants to spin in it I go into the bush without breaking the invis. If you can try to Q and hit him once for some good damage.