How do you Jungle Skarner in S3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Innersist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHP View Post
i didn't have much of any problem when i tried.

A) what are you starting with? 2 Rejuv's 3 pots works for skarner. Turn one rejuv into phil stone, the other into emblem (for aegis) or locket (viable on any tanky jungler, pretty much)

B) if you can't do red pre-3, do wolves>blue>wraiths>wolves. It'll get you to level 3 (this helps a bunch for most any champ, if they normally cut it close going straight to red, it's just a minor speed cut). That'll make Red easier

C) Do you take his E? People call Skarner's E worthless, but it's really not half bad for one point in the early jungle. It's generally 50ish hp per use. 1/3 of a health pot every few seconds isn't bad

Also, screw armor reds. Go with AD or something. It'll boost your Q damage and AA damage. Armor reds are less efficient and frankly unnecessary for just about any jungler.
A) I started with Machete and 5 pots. I like your idea though. sounds a lot stronger.

B) I think I will give this a shot.

C) I go Q then W then E, then Max Q followed by W.

Would Armor pen work equally well instead of flat AD? (I don't have flat AD runes lol)

Thanks a bunch! I will give these Suggestions a try

The SHP

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innersist View Post
A) I started with Machete and 5 pots. I like your idea though. sounds a lot stronger.

B) I think I will give this a shot.

C) I go Q then W then E, then Max Q followed by W.

Would Armor pen work equally well instead of flat AD? (I don't have flat AD runes lol)

Thanks a bunch! I will give these Suggestions a try

Yes, they should (roughly the same extra damage at early levels). It made almost no difference for him in S2, and armor values haven't changed afaik, so it should be fine.

and yeah, generally i find the machete and its upgrades inefficient. Tiamat> lizard. WotA is preferable over Wraith. Golem's worth considering, but i'd usually rather just get mercs and a randuin/sunfire/etc. And wriggle's? Meh, i'd rather get a cutlass and BotRK and get armor elsewhere.

GirlsxGeneration

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Get attack speed reds (boosts your passive and you get more damage from machete), dont get golems with gp/10 style junglers (Naut Mao and friends).

New jungle is pretty easy with Machete, you shouldnt have any troubles now.

F3ls0ng

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innersist View Post
Really sucks if attack speed runes are now MANDATORY for him to jungle. Makes me sad
AS runes r mandatory on most junglers now.

The SHP

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ls0ng View Post
AS runes r mandatory on most junglers now.

I've had no unresolvable issues with any jungler i've tried, and i don't own AS runes.