My apology to the community for trying to scam you all...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KizzyD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Dear General Discussion,

Hi, my summoner name is Kosher Walrus. I wanted to make this thread today as an apology to the community, I feel what I have done is shameful, disgusting, and criminal. Some of you may remember this. About this time, a year ago, I had the summoner name "Demonfister". In an attempt to exploit the community, and insult their intelligence, I created a thread on an alternate account of mine (AsuraVengeance) detailing that this "Demonfister" character was a friend of AsuraVengeance, and that "Demonfister" had a terrible disease, one which might terminate his existence. In an attempt to get referrals so I may one day gain a skin which I liked, I took advantage of all of you, and for that, I am sorry. I consider people who exploit diseases shameful, and whats even more shameful is that I did that exact same thing myself. If you search up the name "Demonfister" on the forums, I'm sure you could read the entire debacle yourself, if you're interested. I never got a warning for the thread, I never had any red chat with me, I didn't get a slap on the wrist at all. I got away lucky, but was I really that lucky? I had the guilt of a crime on my mind, and I decided to leave League for awhile. I was upset that my plan had failed at the time, but over time I was more upset that I could let myself stoop to something so low.

I have been thinking about making this thread for awhile, and wondered what the consequences would be if I were to remind people of such a thing again. With Riot now cracking down on taking advantage of the referral system, I figured if I made this, it would remind Riot of my crime, and I would have action taken against my account - of which I've spent so much time and money on. I was scared to do it, but to clear my conscience, I wanted to make this thread. I have to take the risk, because I truly feel bad. For people that have such diseases, it's a terrible thing. It's inspiring knowing there are real people out there who have these diseases, or injuries, and still continue to do what they enjoy most in life - play games. I faked a disease, such a terrible act in itself, and for what? Virtual goods? The likes of which have no effect on the enjoyment I get from playing this game?

So, this is my apology. For you to forgive me or not, is up to you. League has been a great inspiration to me, as I one day strive to be a game designer, or perhaps even a professional gamer. I am sorry for all who I've insulted, and tricked into believing this fallacy. Thank you so much for reading. Have a great day!

Io Reign

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I don't remember you, but that is truly a dick move. That being said, it was a year ago, and you appear very genuine in your apology and admitting to the crime shows some balls. I think the only punishment you deserve is to lose all referrals credited to any of your accounts.

Dr Jimmy

12-08-2012

You already made a similar thread... stop being an attention *****.

pmd

12-08-2012

At you least you manned up.

Nhero

12-08-2012

Took a good year but better late than never, right?
I'm glad you said something about it though OP.

spciytaco69r

12-08-2012

Dear Friend.

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday.

My name is Peter Lawson,a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer which was discovered very late,due to my laxity in carrying for my health. It has defiled all forms of medicine, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.

I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone not even myself but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focus on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it.

Now that God ! has called me, I have willed and given most of my properties and assets to my immediate and extended family members and as well as a few close friends. I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul and so, I have decided to give arms to charity organizations and give succour and confort to the less priviledged in our societies, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth.

So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this my self anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization and to the less priviledged in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left for them.

The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of twenty four million dollars that I have with a Security Company in Europe for safe keeping. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and disburse it to some charity organizations and to the less priviledged.

Please send me a mail to indicate if you will assist me in this disbursement.

I have set aside 10% for you for your time and patience.

You can e-mail me atlawson@hknetmail.com

While I await to hear from you, may God be with you and your entire family.

Remain blessed.

Mr.Peter Lawson

KizzyD

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonxdoggies View Post
Took a good year but better late than never, right?
Heh. I suppose. I hadn't really returned to league just but a few weeks ago, but this has always been on my mind since then, I was just too immature at the time to think of what I had done, and instead of being angry at myself, I was angry at the community for not believing my story.

LegendaryCaoCao

12-08-2012

OP must be a politician.

The Rain Girl

12-08-2012

permaban this guy!

We aint letting murderers out of jail cause they say they are sorry either,oh wait....

:3

KizzyD

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jimmy View Post
You already made a similar thread... stop being an attention *****.
Sorry, must have been someone else. This is the first thread I've made about this matter, aside from a year ago when I first made the scamthread.