Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Require Main Server account name when creating PBE account?

Yes - so toxic players on PBE can be traced back to their Mains 40 93.02%
No - remain annonymous so they can continue to troll with new accounts 3 6.98%
Voters 43 .

Link PBE account to Main account

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DUDE BRO

12-08-2012

NOTE: This is to completely remove toxic players from PBE. If you're tired of trolls on PBE, read on.

I'm getting really tired of people intentionally trolling in the PBE server, or acting extremely negative. There's absolutely 0 repercussion for such behavior since they can easy make multiple accounts each month and get all their stuff back for free.

There's one simple solution to this, their PBE account is loosely linked to their main account. It should be easy to do with a slight modification to the PBE signup and an additional field in the account database.

Old Signup
Enter PBE Name
Enter Email
- Verification sent to email

New Signup
Enter PBE Name
Enter Main Server name
- Verification sent to Main Server email

This would make the PBE experience identical to the Main Server experiences, since getting banned on PBE can easily be tracked back to their Main Account, and possibly result in a Main Ban as well.

Edit: No doubt this will take a bit of work from riot, and simply linking it in the signup page might be the easiest way to do it. Though if they really wanted to clean up PBE, there's no greater way to stop trolls then when their main account is at risk. Would be nice to get a red's insights on this.

Zair Umbras

12-08-2012

I agree with this full on. We seriously need to link these accounts. x.x The baddies I can handle since.. well, not everyone is awesome. Trolls and people who are just... just... down right rude and obnoxious need to go DIAF. >.<

DUDE BRO

12-08-2012

Quote:
Zair Umbras:
I agree with this full on. We seriously need to link these accounts. x.x The baddies I can handle since.. well, not everyone is awesome. Trolls and people who are just... just... down right rude and obnoxious need to go DIAF. >.<

Yeah exactly, I understand that most of the time people won't connect, will be just terrible, or will be constantly disconnecting (which is perfectly understandable on a beta server). But there's too many players that go into games with the sole purpose of making the game un-fun for everyone else, and even impossible to test certain things. They usually even mention it at the start of the game.

Gadalar

12-08-2012

Doubt it will help at all but I'm for it. Since even in live people still act that way.

Personally I'd recommend those that get. "reported" and "approved" under bad behaviour should literally be placed with those that love to verbally abuse and see how they like it. Same with leavers/afkers.

Et?rnal Demon

12-08-2012

Done this when I suggested that idea 5-6 months ago.

Image hosted on IMGur (http://i.imgur.com/v01ai.png)

*******http://i.imgur.com/v01ai.png********

Puppy Storm

12-08-2012

Eternal Demon's idea is solid. As I read the first post, I was already thinking
"Can't they make a smurf account and link it to that?" but making them have a level 30 account is a good idea. It also increases the quality of the testers, as a level 30 would at least have intermediate understanding of game mechanics, skin testing and item building to test the balance of new champions.

Making them be level 30 makes them less inclined to behave badly. As for the people where they have a level 30 as another smurf - well, this system concept is really the lesser of many evils. And if they are banned, they will have to link a new level 30 when registrations re-open. They would either stop being toxic or eventually lose all of their accounts.

Also, it may be off-topic, but I think to keep players focused and less toxic, a number of 'objectives' for the PBE listed in the in-game client would really help people know exactly what PBE's goal is, and motivate them to test, rather than to just play with skins and pretend to have VIP access to future content.

Kanderas

12-08-2012

Forcing PBE accounts to be linked to a Lvl 30 Live account which recieves punishments for bad PBE behaviour is a surefire way to drastically clean up people's acts here. I swear veins pop in my forehead when I get into Champion Select and someone types in 'Vi or feed.'

Riot, however, is content to completely ignore the pleas of their loyal testers who have been calling for this for months, instead thinking that limiting sign-ups to the first three days of the month has some kind of effect (even if the temporary closure interferes with those who just made new accounts when they got banned). Maybe this poll will help them see the light.

Goerts

12-09-2012

Bump cause i've been wanting this for ages

Prandine

01-07-2013

Quote:
Et?rnal Demon:
Done this when I suggested that idea 5-6 months ago.

Image hosted on IMGur (http://i.imgur.com/v01ai.png)

*******http://i.imgur.com/v01ai.png********

It's a nice idea in theory, but what about those like me who are genuinely good and want to help test things but don't have a lv.30 account yet (I'm currently only lv.26 on the main server)? Forcing people to have a lv.30 account just to play on the pbe is a bad move imo, but other than that the idea seems pretty decent.

Ashurion

01-07-2013

Quote:
Prandine:
It's a nice idea in theory, but what about those like me who are genuinely good and want to help test things but don't have a lv.30 account yet (I'm currently only lv.26 on the main server)? Forcing people to have a lv.30 account just to play on the pbe is a bad move imo, but other than that the idea seems pretty decent.

Agree with this. Level 20 for Tribunal, level 30 for PBE? How about just level 20 too.

Hasn't this been suggested a bunch of times before?