So I deserved this, but I have a question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster88 View Post
even doing a simple command such as typing out text to display something on a simple DOS screen takes hours to make
I'd disagree.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main( )
{
cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLobster88

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I'd disagree.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main( )
{
cout << "Hello World!";
return 0;
}
shush you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amg iTz Alex

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster88 View Post
Do you mean alternate channels? Adding more in-game channels only serves to complicate an already complicated code. Perhaps you don't have any background in Programming, but I can say, as an aspiring software engineer, that even doing a simple command such as typing out text to display something on a simple DOS screen takes hours to make. It would take weeks to program an alternate channel for chatting, and even more to implement it into already existing code, not to mention the debugging, the playtesting, the fixing...the list goes on. That said, if you were muted, you wouldn't be able to even use them, as nothing you say would go through. Otherwise, what's the point of muting? The only way you could convey information was in pings, and those do so little that often, they're neglected or forgotten altogether.

And, fine, maybe banning will breed rage, but muting people will only keep the snowball rolling. Refusal to Communicate is a very common report that shows up in the Tribunal, and guess what you're doing by getting muted?
I can't post a elaborate response but it wouldn't be multiple channels, it is a system with default responses programmed in that you select through numbers/clicking etc. A game I use to play around 3-4 years ago called "Runescape" had this, it's called quick chat and it just had phrases in it that explained what to do or what was happening, not a alternate channel just a brief means of communication. I was muted in that frequently and made use of that often, so yeah I know that it can be done, not that I'm doubting your expertise as I have no idea when it comes to programming since I am in medical school and have nothing to do with technology.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
Thank you for the understanding and not raging more, I am sorry I raged on you as I have a tendency to do that and I have a short temper.

This is most likely be my last post as I am leaving my house.

I do not have any evidence to the tribunal being broken, as it is not that big of a concern to me because I've come to accept it a while ago when I already thought it. I simply felt like voicing my opinions and why I think it's broken.

My whole basis on why I think it's broken is some of the reason's and cases I've been banned, as you can see I'm not one to deny that I'm a ass or am I one to say I shouldn't be punished, however in some cases I say absolutely nothing but maybe 1-2 lines after I've been antagonized, and then I mute the person because I think to myself "don't want to be banned again" and then a week or so later I'll be banned. I just don't think every person using the tribunal is being 100% biased on the cases, and that people who are "rage reported" get banned for no absolute reason because of people being biased.

I also can't see people not insulting each other and changing their whole attitude or way of thinking because they were banned on a video game, if it affects you this much then you should find something else important to you. This is why I did not agree with "RockLobster88" if you want to find his post be my guest.

I doubt this will be enough to satisfy your question however I am extremely pressed for time and that's all I could come up with in 5 or so minutes.
At no point did I ever rage at you. And we don't have to complete this entire discussion right now. That's the thing about forums. The thread will likely still be around whenever you get back.

Before I get into anything else, however, I need to understand something that's very crucial here before we really go on.

Do you think the Tribunal is banning people that do not deserve to be banned?
Do you think the Tribunal is pardoning people that do not deserve to be pardoned?

The reason why they're banned or pardoned is irrelevant--it's a simple question of whether or not guilty go unbanned or innocent get banned. And if you believe this is happening, do you have evidence of this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
I am in medical school and have nothing to do with technology.
Oh god...

I hope I never have to visit any medical facility that makes no use of technology...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLobster88

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
I can't post a elaborate response but it wouldn't be multiple channels, it is a system with default responses programmed in that you select through numbers/clicking etc. A game I use to play around 3-4 years ago called "Runescape" had this, it's called quick chat and it just had phrases in it that explained what to do or what was happening, not a alternate channel just a brief means of communication. I was muted in that frequently and made use of that often, so yeah I know that it can be done, not that I'm doubting your expertise as I have no idea when it comes to programming since I am in medical school and have nothing to do with technology.
Hm. I'll need to look into this. Still, it wouldn't be easy to code and implement. And while I can see it being more valuable than pings, it's only by a small margin.

I'm glad you aren't taking the route of most people who come to these forums to complain and rage at anyone who disagrees with you. You seem genuinely remorseful over getting banned. Please, be aware that the next step for you is a permanent one, so any further missteps and you'll be saying goodbye to your main account. Please, keep a very keen eye on your own behavior, and if you start trash talking, ask yourself that, if you were on the receiving end, would you report for it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
not once do I say I'm superior to others or do I mean to intend it, I simply to speak down to people as that's how I was raised and that's how I speak. I use big words and most people can't understand my big words and that aggravates me.

I am sorry if I've made you feel like a inferior life form, as I'm sure you are of human species since you can read and spell...somewhat.
in order to speak down to someone you need to first think you are above them. you just sound like a hypocrite to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

12-08-2012

If you want to avoid the tribunal then I will quote WookieeCookie "Dont be a jerk". To quote Lyte "there is never a reason to retaliate". You have no grounds to stand on. Just be nice, if someone rages at you report them after game, it is a game you know? Have fun =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BillyTheAttorney

Senior Member

12-08-2012

If you're in medical school - I'm sure you can relate to a similar professional education then Alex. Part of what happens in a career where you provide a professional service to people is dealing with people. Now, I don't mean to tell you your business, but I can tell you that you will have patients who will rail about you on how their predicament is your fault. Or the fault of doctors in general. Or that you didn't know what you were doing.

I get this myself. Half the time I'm being called a "sh** lawyer" if the case doesn't go the way of my clients. That's life. In real life am I going to call them out and say in reality it's their fault? No. Just as if you go into medicine you'll have people who will blame you for their problems. They will call you a "sh** doctor" But you can't respond.

Well. You CAN. But then you go in front of the administration after a complaint is filed against you. And nobody wants to hear "But they started it!" as an excuse. They will tell you that you are a doctor and need to handle it with maturity.

This game pisses me off sometimes. I get idiot teammates, trolls, and "MID OR FEED" people that are falsely advertising, because they really should be saying "MID AND FEED." Maybe when I was younger I would have written things back to them. Maybe. I don't know. But I do know that now, I call them out vocally, but never type what I say. What's the point?!

As you move onto medical school and into the world, you'll learn that what you feel is less important than how you react to it. It's the reaction that always gets you into trouble.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
Half the time I'm being called a "sh** lawyer" if the case doesn't go the way of my clients.
You only win half your cases? I just lost so much respect for you.