So I deserved this, but I have a question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
it does help, and in my opinion when people such as you "judge" the cases I can see the tribunal being a wonderful idea, however their can only be so many people that judge properly opposed to the people who do not. My problem isn't necessarily with the tribunal, but with the people who use it.

Your opinion is yours only.


In my opinion, you are a troll trying to pretend you are a good guy who wants to change while actually hating and raging on the tribunal and trying to find excuses to discredit the system that got you punished, for the sole fact that it punished you.


Yet, you don't see me using that as an argument or trying to shove it in your face, do you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
You are living evidence yourself.
In what way?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLobster88

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
ok, I won't deny the fact that I'm an ass, I'm an honest person and I don't hold anything back when I speak(type in these instances) and I tend to brag on when I feel accomplished after doing something, however who doesn't? if you are simply going off banning anyone who says a cocky retort then I fail to see the significance of these or of competition.

btw I appreciate you reading things and not jumping to conclusions or posting ignorant statements that derive from a lack of understanding.
The problem is, they weren't all cocky retorts. That one statement, that I had to search for, was a cocky retort. What you were pulling was actual harassment. Banter between teams is why we have the All Chat feature, but you abuse that feature with over-the-line trash talk and being an ass in general. You can do a bit of trash talk, I don't mind that. I've partaken in it a few times. However, to the extent that you do it, that is truly toxic and behavior that we are trying to filter out to make the game better for everyone.

I'm glad that you admit that you're willing to give in to the idea that your behavior is unacceptable. Admission is the first step towards improvement. Please note: We don't want you permabanned. That is a last step for everyone in the game. However, if you're unwilling to conform and actually be a better person than you are now, that is the next step, no matter how much time or money you've put into LoL. We don't want that. We want to help you get better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amg iTz Alex

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Theoretical numbers have no values, so please refrain from using them as argument.

The tribunal is "fair and just to everyone" in the sense that everyone get a chance to be voted on their games, and if a punishment happens by mistake on someone undeserving, it will be reverted.

It never said or meant that people can abuse other people if "they started it", in fact, it says quite the contrary, as you can read in the tribunal guidelines. (I would quote, but you wouldn't take it as proof anyway so, not wasting my time)

Besides, you are confusing what "one sided" means.
On your point of view, "one sided" means that a verdict cannot be given fairly, unless all the chat, related or not, is taken into account.

As I tried to explain, that is not always the case, as some behaviors are inexcusable, thus, the chat from other people is irrelevant.


However, you are trying to imply that "one sided" means "unfair", in a sense that it punishes people without giving them a chance.
And as such, I fail to see your reasoning, if you have any.


Besides the fact, you made your thread to ask a question about the tribunal, while trying to shove in people's face that "[you] know it was deserved"


If that is so, then what is the point on blindlessly trying to accuse the tribunal and its members, with made up numbers, AFTER your question been answered?
Something can not be fair and just if it is abused by the people using it, as people have admitted to before, and the question has now turned into a debate if you couldn't have understood this, and also, I never showboat on how I know it's my fault, I only state this after the ignorant and obvious comment come along "LOL you deserved it and you admitted to it not broken" when people post these instead of reading the thread and debating (arguing if you don't like that word) they are simply idiots and should not be allowed to voice their opinions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
Again another person who can't understand the things said in this thread or who is simply lazy and refuses to read the ENTIRE thread, so what you have just stated in your 3 lines is that you suffer from ignorance.
you say the problem with the tribunal is the people, and yet the tribunal has a 95% accuracy rate (according to riot). If it was the people it would be much much lower, so i don't see how you have any basis for your accusations.

The only thing i see is someone who got suspended and is mad they didn't fall into that other 5%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amg iTz Alex

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster88 View Post
The problem is, they weren't all cocky retorts. That one statement, that I had to search for, was a cocky retort. What you were pulling was actual harassment. Banter between teams is why we have the All Chat feature, but you abuse that feature with over-the-line trash talk and being an ass in general. You can do a bit of trash talk, I don't mind that. I've partaken in it a few times. However, to the extent that you do it, that is truly toxic and behavior that we are trying to filter out to make the game better for everyone.

I'm glad that you admit that you're willing to give in to the idea that your behavior is unacceptable. Admission is the first step towards improvement. Please note: We don't want you permabanned. That is a last step for everyone in the game. However, if you're unwilling to conform and actually be a better person than you are now, that is the next step, no matter how much time or money you've put into LoL. We don't want that. We want to help you get better.
I understand what you're trying to say however it's just ideal's that people will correct their behavior, when the majority of people that get banned simply get unbanned and then banned not much later (use me as an example).

If the tribunal was to simply mute people instead of banning them (or even perm-banning which is simply appalling to me that you can be perm banned for calling someone a bad name) this would probably satisfy the people who are always getting banned, and satisfy the people who get their feelings hurt, and to be honest reports are rarely because people are offended, people get reported for getting angry and not having the ability to do anything about it but click a red button and write some angry text in a box.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
Something can not be fair and just if it is abused by the people using it, as people have admitted to before
What evidence do you have that people are

a) Abusing the system.
b) Getting away with it.
c) Actually effecting outcomes.



I could, as an individual, spam punish all day. But if all of the outcomes of the cases are all still accurate, then the Tribunal isn't broken.

If the outcomes are all still accurate it's either because:

a) My abuse of the system is a strong minority and not effecting the outcome.
b) The system has a built-in method for dealing with voters who are abusing the system.



The point is, if the end result is still accurate (which you're strongly failing to disprove right now), then how is the system broken?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amg iTz Alex View Post
and the question has now turned into a debate if you couldn't have understood this

It is not a debate when you simply start making fool accusations to people while using their own words in a distorted way.


but, you are smart enough to know that, and there are other people who can still try to convince you here (and will probably fail, because you are blind with your own side of the story [who's the "one sided" now? irony always tastes bitter]), so, I am leaving.


bye.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amg iTz Alex

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb bartlett View Post
you say the problem with the tribunal is the people, and yet the tribunal has a 95% accuracy rate (according to riot). If it was the people it would be much much lower, so i don't see how you have any basis for your accusations.

The only thing i see is someone who got suspended and is mad they didn't fall into that other 5%
I highly doubt the accuracy rate is 95% and if it is, it could be a number based on one type of case, it doesn't have to be all the cases, that's how marketing works they simply take the information that suits them the best and publicize it while keeping other information hidden.

Keep in mind I am not saying riot is doing terrible things and experimenting on puppies for their games but I do think that they do use your standard marketing procedures to make people believe the things they implement work perfectly without them having to do anything about it.

I think riot has a great game and has great customer service, I simply do not think that the tribunal is a as big a success as some believe it is.

oh and if you have just figured out that people who post in this are either hypocrites who like to point and laugh and attempt to be superior to others, people who are inflamed with rage and mauling their keyboard with replies, or people who have sense and try to explain things. Then you really just shouldn't post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amg iTz Alex

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
What evidence do you have that people are

a) Abusing the system.
b) Getting away with it.
c) Actually effecting outcomes.



I could, as an individual, spam punish all day. But if all of the outcomes of the cases are all still accurate, then the Tribunal isn't broken.

If the outcomes are all still accurate it's either because:

a) My abuse of the system is a strong minority and not effecting the outcome.
b) The system has a built-in method for dealing with voters who are abusing the system.



The point is, if the end result is still accurate (which you're strongly failing to disprove right now), then how is the system broken?
If I am failing to disprove how the people abuse the tribunal then how can you prove that they don't?

Almost everything you've stated can be reversed and used as a question to your side, come up with answers, then ask questions.