Homeguard boot enchant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

churahm

12-08-2012

I see a lot of threads about every enchantment, people saying if it's good or bad and the upsides and downsides of each of them. However, I haven't really seen any about the homeguard boot enchant.

I rarely ever see it in my games, is it because it's not good compared to other boot enchantment? I know Furor/Alacrity are the ones I see the most. I think Commander can be good on certain champions, and distortion is also very good if you want more flashes/ghosts I guess.

When I look at homeguard's description, I don't feel like it is THAT bad. It looks pretty good in the laning phase(if you plan on backing a lot and stuff I guess), but I don't think it's wise to spend money in that early in the game. It seems OK mid to late game, better if team fights are closer to your base, but I'm still wondering if it isn't better to just buy any other enchant that provides more utility all around the map.

Anyway, maybe I'm wrong and maybe it's good, I just haven't seen many so I suppose it's not very popular due to the item being sub par.

Anyone had more experiences with the enchant??

G0atsebusters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

It has it's place, mostly for junglers who need to get to places fast

FactsofLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Imagine it on Hecarim coming to defend an inhibitor from the nexus. That is a lot of bonus dmg from movespeed

AwwHellNah

12-08-2012

I vsed against a team who all had it. Our team pretty much had all their turrets down and then out of no where you see their entire team charging at your ad carry at a ridiculous speed.

churahm

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwHellNah View Post
I vsed against a team who all had it. Our team pretty much had all their turrets down and then out of no where you see their entire team charging at your ad carry at a ridiculous speed.
You lose the speed buff from the enchant as soon as you attack though, I think. I see where you're going at though, it seems really good for defending, while not so good in long skirmishes around the middle of the map.

Does that make it a good idea to sell your current boots for the homeguard enchant though when getting pushed into your base?

Cleril

12-08-2012

Rammus.

flyingtoasters

12-08-2012

Gotta go fast

Apocagenocitis

12-08-2012

Rammus with 5 phantom dancers, revive with revive mastery, Ghost, Boots of Mobility with home guard enchantment, and 4 teammates with movement speed buffs. Break the sound barrier.

Saruyan

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleril View Post
Rammus.
this. rammus jungle with homespeed is awesome, likewise with mobility boots users. you can pretty much reach the river from base before the buff expires, or just after depending on your champions speed.

M3TASH33P

12-08-2012

Back when you didnt lose the MS in combat hecarim could turtle so hard, 3v1 people all day with that 100 bonus AD