Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Can we gift RP yet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-08-2012

Quote:
RIFT Nimbles:
What about it requires beta testing? Seems straightforward to me lol.


The concept's simple, sure! The code... well. Code's rarely as simple as "if giftGiverpressesYes then GIVEDATGIFT".

On something like gifting, it works better to let it soak a little, go through some bug fixing, and things like that on the PBE


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeriphor

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Damiya:
The concept's simple, sure! The code... well. Code's rarely as simple as "if giftGiverpressesYes then GIVEDATGIFT".

On something like gifting, it works better to let it soak a little, go through some bug fixing, and things like that on the PBE


Not sure why you're being downvoted here... Let's try to fix that...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buk Wild

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Damiya:
The concept's simple, sure! The code... well. Code's rarely as simple as "if giftGiverpressesYes then GIVEDATGIFT".

On something like gifting, it works better to let it soak a little, go through some bug fixing, and things like that on the PBE

How'd I do lmao

If (playerX presses gift)
{
askplayerXtoconfirm(YES:NO);
If (playerX press YES)
{
giveplayerYgift;
}
else if (playerX press NO)
{
closeprompt;
}
}

I just made that up with the 10 minutes of coding I read while in my school library lawl


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FistOf7Dragons

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Buk Wild:
How'd I do lmao

If (playerX presses gift)
{
askplayerXtoconfirm(YES:NO);
If (playerX press YES)
{
giveplayerYgift;
}
else if (playerX press NO)
{
closeprompt;
}
}

I just made that up with the 10 minutes of coding I read while in my school library lawl


if every thing was that simple....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harvester

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Spitsonpuppies:
Why wouldn't u just buy a gift card and give them the code? I guess for small amounts?

If you were planning to stop playing LoL, you would want to give someone your remaining RP rather than give them a gift card. Situations like that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DFB MidNight

Junior Member

12-08-2012

My friend is going to be happy :3 I'm buying him the Christmas Katarina, and Veigar skins. I know he loves mid lane, so I mind as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Cho Gath

Member

12-08-2012

we got a saying in holland: people that ask, will get skipped. so don't ask for it haha


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SP3

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Buk Wild:
How'd I do lmao

If (playerX presses gift)
{
askplayerXtoconfirm(YES:NO);
If (playerX press YES)
{
giveplayerYgift;
}
else if (playerX press NO)
{
closeprompt;
}
}

I just made that up with the 10 minutes of coding I read while in my school library lawl


You just forgot to build the giveplayerYgift function, which is probably the most important part of the whole system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pokelda2

Senior Member

12-08-2012

if coding was that easy programmers would be out of a job. and fixing things like the bug with viktors laser would be as easy as
when death ray is cast
(show path)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

babywhat

Member

12-08-2012

But the most important question is will it be ready in time for Christmas for the gift giving? 'tis the season