Can we gift RP yet?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-08-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFT Nimbles View Post
What about it requires beta testing? Seems straightforward to me lol.
The concept's simple, sure! The code... well. Code's rarely as simple as "if giftGiverpressesYes then GIVEDATGIFT".

On something like gifting, it works better to let it soak a little, go through some bug fixing, and things like that on the PBE

Zeriphor

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
The concept's simple, sure! The code... well. Code's rarely as simple as "if giftGiverpressesYes then GIVEDATGIFT".

On something like gifting, it works better to let it soak a little, go through some bug fixing, and things like that on the PBE
Not sure why you're being downvoted here... Let's try to fix that...

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post

How'd I do lmao

If (playerX presses gift)
{
askplayerXtoconfirm(YES:NO);
If (playerX press YES)
{
giveplayerYgift;
}
else if (playerX press NO)
{
closeprompt;
}
}

I just made that up with the 10 minutes of coding I read while in my school library lawl

FistOf7Dragons

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
How'd I do lmao

{
If (playerX press YES)
{
giveplayerYgift;
}
{
closeprompt;
}
}

I just made that up with the 10 minutes of coding I read while in my school library lawl
if every thing was that simple....

Harvester

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonpuppies View Post
Why wouldn't u just buy a gift card and give them the code? I guess for small amounts?
If you were planning to stop playing LoL, you would want to give someone your remaining RP rather than give them a gift card. Situations like that.

DFB MidNight

12-08-2012

My friend is going to be happy :3 I'm buying him the Christmas Katarina, and Veigar skins. I know he loves mid lane, so I mind as well.

Mister Cho Gath

12-08-2012

we got a saying in holland: people that ask, will get skipped. so don't ask for it haha

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
How'd I do lmao

{
If (playerX press YES)
{
giveplayerYgift;
}
{
closeprompt;
}
}

You just forgot to build the giveplayerYgift function, which is probably the most important part of the whole system.

pokelda2

12-08-2012

if coding was that easy programmers would be out of a job. and fixing things like the bug with viktors laser would be as easy as
when death ray is cast
(show path)

babywhat

12-08-2012

But the most important question is will it be ready in time for Christmas for the gift giving? 'tis the season