Improvements for LoL: Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aiyira

12-08-2012

tl;dr: Riot should make it so that loading screen borders can be upgraded as you climb ranked in season 3.

So I'm sure several people have been degraded in ranked play for having a low border. So I've been thinking, why not have it a cumulative system? What I mean is, having your border change as you reach a higher elo. So if you reach 1.5k elo, your loading screen border will change to gold as a reward. Now, I know what a lot of the high elo people are thinking: "What's our reward for working hard in S2 then?". You guys will still have the rewards such as the skin, summoner profile trim, summoner icons, and forum badges as proof for your prowess in S2. People in S3 who climb elo will only get new loading screen borders. This will benefit the community greatly imo.

Benefit 1: S3 players who did not do so well in S2 will now have motivation to work harder. Currently, the loading screens only make it so that the higher elo people can pick on anyone lower. Examples that I've seen in several games/lobbies would be: "let me mid i got plat last season", "wow I'm the only good person on this team", "Bot lane please don't feed and we'll carry you", etc etc. This one was recent and was directed at me. "what did every1 get last season for ranked?" "Me: I'm only silver" "Nero play support" "Me: I'm best mid though" "No I'll mid. I'll do good I promise. Gold last season". Support is a very important role, no doubt, but it sucks how I'm assigned a role based on how I did last season. With the cumulative border system, players will be working hard for their future in the game instead of people constantly bringing up the past.

Benefit 2: People who climb elo still get the brunt of degrading remarks. Right now I'm doing farely well and have been climbing elo. I'm currently 23-13 with 1445 elo. I'm really satisfied with my progress and am even more happy that I carried the majority of the games. The problem is, I am afraid to go further. Not because I'm afraid of the competition getting more fierce. It's my border holding me back. I got a silver border and when I imagine myself in 1800-2000 elo (if I ever make it) I imagine myself in the loading screen with a silver border surrounded by plat borders. I feel that I will get bossed around and told what to do. I don't mind following the teams orders, but I don't want to be a lacky as well.

Benefit 3: Right now the borders have a very inaccurate portrayal of a person's potential and skill level. S3 will be another year long. People will improve over the course of the year and many will even make it to the pro league. Now, what if you had a low border? You're now in the pro league repping a silver border. With the cumulative borders, people will actually feel like they're making progress instead of feeling like they're running in circles.

So this is my opinion on improving the current status of the game, both community and competitive wise. It will also pave way for a future for the players in the game. I myself am an average player, but I want to strive for a good elo this year. To improve. If you guys have any more opinions of your own, suggest it below.

Btw, something totally off topic. People say that if you Tumble on Vayne's Silver Bolt proc, you will deal a lot more damage than tumbling on a normal auto attack then getting a Silver Bolt proc by itself. However, Tumble says that it will add an additional percentage of your attack damage on your next attack, so that means it'll just add that extra damage on top of your Silver Bolt proc instead of multiplying the damage done by your Silver Bolt proc with Tumble, right? Someone please clarify, thanks.

Aiyira

12-08-2012

bump

Aiyira

12-08-2012

bump

TT Dreadnaught

12-08-2012

Sounds like a great idea for Later in the season, But right now it gives players a pretty good indication of the players on their teams' skill levels. For example, Nine times out of ten when I have two ore more silvers on my team I lose.

CHlCKEN

Recruiter

12-08-2012

I was 1450 last season and i got to 1640 but my border gets me bullied you sir, are a genius

Aiyira

12-08-2012

Quote:
Sounds like a great idea for Later in the season, But right now it gives players a pretty good indication of the players on their teams' skill levels. For example, Nine times out of ten when I have two ore more silvers on my team I lose.
That's true, it is early. But it wouldn't hurt to implement it now since the ones who are actually good can climb elo and prove that they have the potential. The ones that are not as skilled will stay as they are.

Quote:
I was 1450 last season and i got to 1640 but my border gets me bullied you sir, are a genius
This was what I was addressing. It feels like climbing the ladder only yields negative outcomes.

Aiyira

12-09-2012

bump

Best BeatwiferNA

12-09-2012

the vayne thing is correct. it only adds the extra attack damage, not an exponential increase of silver bolts damage.

as for the borders, its just something you have to deal with. once i make my way to gold, im going to still have my silver border, and it wont change my gameplay one bit. as you said, its a long season. i started ranked as a fresh 30, and since then have played another 1500 games. i'm a totally different player now than i was when i started ranked, and it shows by my ranked record this season. i will continue to get better, and if i get into a spot where everyone around me is gold, and im silver, that just means i've worked my azz off to get there, and they better respect me, because i climbed to where i am. they stayed the same.

Aiyira

12-21-2012

Quote:
as for the borders, its just something you have to deal with. once i make my way to gold, im going to still have my silver border, and it wont change my gameplay one bit. as you said, its a long season. i started ranked as a fresh 30, and since then have played another 1500 games. i'm a totally different player now than i was when i started ranked, and it shows by my ranked record this season. i will continue to get better, and if i get into a spot where everyone around me is gold, and im silver, that just means i've worked my azz off to get there, and they better respect me, because i climbed to where i am. they stayed the same.
You make a good point there. Even then, though, I feel that the borders act as negative indicators. Right now the season is still fresh, but it would be nice to have these accumulative borders so that players can be rewarded for their strives in the new season.

Aiyira

12-26-2012

bump