Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi's W feels terrible to fight against

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

12-08-2012

Quote:
PerfidiousAlbion:
Or, as a highly kitable melee-only bruiser, Vi has her own types of counter play. Her only reliable means of closing on a target is her ult (her Q is dodgeable, requires charging, telegraphs that it's charging and causes a MS debuff) and her only useful CC is also in her ult. VI has weaknesses, we just haven't watched them be exploited yet because counter-play almost never happens on the PBE.

I wasn't claiming she has no weaknesses. I'm just stating my opinion on what it feels like knowing your opponent has that ability. I know that it probably will not be changed, but aimless posting is what a forum is for.

However, I'm generally biased against percent of maximum health abilities in any form.

Alithalor

12-08-2012

Honestly if you Max W first and build her pure tank with a Wits you probably can shred almost anyone.

Tadiken

12-09-2012

The shred is too high, the damage is just fine. The problem with her currently is that until she hits three attacks or spells, she is extremely weak in combat, don't let her get close, then jump on her before she can react.

Tadiken

12-09-2012

Quote:
Alithalor:
Honestly if you Max W first and build her pure tank with a Wits you probably can shred almost anyone.

In single combat, now get ravenous hydra and iceborn gauntlet and build a mix of tank and ad and shred entire teams!

Tadiken

12-09-2012

Quote:
Valenten:
well lets look at it this way guys she needs the burstish dmg cause she has no real sticking power in her kit short of her cds she has no natural slow or stun outside of her ult and a knockback for her q so she has to have the burst dmg otherwise she would be to easy to get away from. the only option you really have as far as sticking is Frozen mallet or iceborn gauntlets. plus she is the kind of fighter that you either have to engage on or run away thats how she was designed.

I've been thinking about running furor zerkers, mallet, and gauntlet. Tons of sticking power. Plus she can just build however the hell she wants. I personally have been going ravenous hydra-bloodthirster-black cleaver- gauntlet- runic bulwark. huge aoe damage, tanky, which also helps with her 1v1 capability with natural burst and large amounts of lifesteal.

LoLThatsNotFunny

12-09-2012

The thing is.. there are a lot of things you have to consider.. some of which is that
Vi has no reliable gap closer.. which makes getting the Denting Blow proc hard for her even in lane.. she can be kited all day and worse than the way Jax is kited in his lane
She's melee.. and her Denting Blow takes time to proc.. if she went into a fight she's more likely to get blown before getting a second or third proc of it
She has no reliable escape ability because her unreliable gap closer is her only escape and it has a fairly long cooldown.

It's not about her one single ability.. it's about her whole kit..
If you look at Elise's kit you'll find she has two per HP damage.. but look at her whole kit and how she's played and you'll find that she's not even too good.

Drekor

12-09-2012

Eh, you can't tank her at all... she's a bruiser with the damage of a 6 item adc. I expect many people to be using movement speed items(swiftness boots + zephyr probably core) on her and frozen mallet so she can keep range and if that happens everyone she touches will die.

Denting blows needs a massive nerf or a small nerf and being removed from Q+R.

orakio

12-09-2012

Quote:
Drekor:
Eh, you can't tank her at all... she's a bruiser with the damage of a 6 item adc. I expect many people to be using movement speed items(swiftness boots + zephyr probably core) on her and frozen mallet so she can keep range and if that happens everyone she touches will die.

Denting blows needs a massive nerf or a small nerf and being removed from Q+R.

Not really sure that I agree with that. As a melee champ trying to chain together 3 hits can be extremely tough with enemy peelers (see alistar/etc.) and the fact that it is not true damage means that her W overall is weaker to me than Vaynes is. Sure there is potentially more scaling, and the armor shred is nasty but the real useable situations leave the numbers pretty balanced, and unlike vayne she has to worry about living when she is trying to deal damage.

People on the PBE are just terrible and she does snowball really well, but I think in a 5v5 matchup she is extremely vulnerable to CC and kiting, just take advantage of those facts.