Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi's W feels terrible to fight against

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

12-08-2012

Because it's percent of maximum armor and health, it feels like you don't have options against her besides just staying away, which is the reason that everyone hates Darius...

In my opinion, the maximum health damage should be removed, as the armor shred is more thematic and gives players the option of stacking health defensively, and tweak the rest of her abilities as needed.

Talamare

12-08-2012

Its basically Melee Vayne

Karn Bishop

12-08-2012

But if she doesn't have the ability to do damage with her W she has nothing and will always lose fights.

Henry Plainview

12-08-2012

Quote:
Karn Bishop:
But if she doesn't have the ability to do damage with her W she has nothing and will always lose fights.

I can't comment on her overall balance or power, obviously she needs to do damage somehow. I'm just saying that conceptually I dislike that part of its design very much, which is disappointing because I love the rest of her design.

cheezzyy

12-08-2012

She just needs number tweaks on the damage and shred.

Lisztomaniac

12-08-2012

Quote:
cheezzyy:
She just needs number tweaks on the damage and shred.

there is no way for such skill for being okey, its either too good or sucks, because if its any good then its destroying your armor and your health wich leaves no room for counterplays (just like darius), and if its not destoying your armor and health while being that the point, then it sucks.

Henry Plainview

12-08-2012

Quote:
Lisztomaniac:
there is no way for such skill for being okey, its either too good or sucks, because if its any good then its destroying your armor and your health wich leaves no room for counterplays (just like darius), and if its not destoying your armor and health while being that the point, then it sucks.

That's basically my point. As a carry, Vayne is different because they can give her an incredibly weak early game to compensate for exploding late game. If Vi has a weak early game, there's no point in playing her...

PerfidiousAlbion

12-08-2012

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
That's basically my point. As a carry, Vayne is different because they can give her an incredibly weak early game to compensate for exploding late game. If Vi has a weak early game, there's no point in playing her...

Or, as a highly kitable melee-only bruiser, Vi has her own types of counter play. Her only reliable means of closing on a target is her ult (her Q is dodgeable, requires charging, telegraphs that it's charging and causes a MS debuff) and her only useful CC is also in her ult. VI has weaknesses, we just haven't watched them be exploited yet because counter-play almost never happens on the PBE.

Valenten

12-08-2012

well lets look at it this way guys she needs the burstish dmg cause she has no real sticking power in her kit short of her cds she has no natural slow or stun outside of her ult and a knockback for her q so she has to have the burst dmg otherwise she would be to easy to get away from. the only option you really have as far as sticking is Frozen mallet or iceborn gauntlets. plus she is the kind of fighter that you either have to engage on or run away thats how she was designed.

KesslerCOIL

12-08-2012

to be honest, for what it gives her(armor reduction, Attack speed and % damage) she really doesnt need the damage on it to scale with AD.