~How to not rage~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AceLaser

12-08-2012

If you're reading this, you probably rage at least a little bit when you play league of legends. I used to be the exact same way. I would rage, type really dumb stuff in all chat, even go afk sometimes. But this thread is here to essentially help you to be calm; to not rage. I'm kinda just writing this on the spot and don't have much experience teaching people or anything so excuse my poor grammar and such. Anyway, try to read all of it and I hope that it's helpful to you. Also, try playing this music while you read:

Now that you've started the music, several things you can try are:

-If you know you are prone to raging, play some relaxing music (like this) while you play league. It helps a lot more than you think.

-If you feel yourself about to rage, just take a few deep breaths. DON'T type ANYTHING in chat; just wait. After you've taken some time to calm down a bit, think about these things:
•Will what I'm about to say help my team to win this game?
•Will what I'm about to say possibly discourage my teammate(s) and therefore make them play worse?
•How much will this particular game matter 1 year from now?

-Chances are, if you're raging, you will answer no, yes, and not at all. If you feel like you absolutely HAVE to use chat anyway, try to mold your comment into one that sounds helpful and encouraging. If this is not possible, please do not say it.

-If you are on skype, DO NOT speak until you have calmed down. Just listen to the sounds of the game, the music, and your friend's washing machine that you can hear because his mic pics up everything in the background.

-Finally, the most important piece of advice that I have to give. This is what got me to stop raging completely.

Blame yourself for every mistake. Tell yourself: If I had done this differently/better, things would have gone better. Even if it is clearly the mistake of a teammate, blame yourself instead. This will not only get you to not rage, it will allow you to improve drastically as a player. Trust me, if you can do this, you will be a much calmer, smarter, and relaxed player.

One more thing I want to mention-- if you only rage when someone else rages at you first, follow these simple steps:
•do not type anything in chat
•do not talk
•pretend that they do not exist
•play the game normally
•let them rage at the giant brick wall between them and you. You can't hear what they are saying, and their rage only gets reflected back at them in the form of manure.
•Now you are calm and clean and they are stressed and covered in poop.

So yeah, that's my guide on not raging and being calm because you are a calm and relaxed person and eveyone that still rages is only hurting themself. You're better than that. You are cool and calm and awesome and the best league player ever because you are now relaxed and intelligent and enlightened. yeah.

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Have silly putty near your desk at all times.

Squeeze the **** out of it when you get mad, then continue playing.

LSA

12-08-2012

+1

The community needs this thread.

Serpent XI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I just growl at the screen instead of actually typing anything

WORST CHAMP NA

12-08-2012

how can I rage when this music is playing

AceLaser

12-08-2012

I'm glad you guys like my advice! Hopefully we can get a lot of people to see this thread.

AceLaser

12-08-2012

if you guys can think of any other advice feel free to tell me

FaR2LaTe

12-08-2012

Pro.

One thing you missed though - don't take this game seriously. Its a game.

Its a game.

Laugh.

AceLaser

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaR2LaTe View Post
Pro.

One thing you missed though - don't take this game seriously. Its a game.

Its a game.

Laugh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iY7q6OMTwg

IrMonsters

12-08-2012

Nope im a raging machine. since im 1500's and i still get q'd with people under 1200 every other game